Ch 14: ''Another Encounter"

Samantha Arias POV

I groan as I slump my head on the dining table.

"God...I feel like shit..." I mumble as I hold the cup of coffee between my hands tighter.

"You shouldn't curse in front of me..." Ruby says making me look up at her, as she takes a sip of her juice before resuming to eat her sandwich.

I frown.

"Why not? You are going to behind my back anyway if you don't already..." I say.

My daughter shrugs her cute one-shoulder shrug.

"I dunno. My friend's parents say so, and I curse behind your back."

"My point exactly!" I say as I stand up with my cup of coffee and head to the kitchen for a refill. Ruffling my kid's hair on the way, making her whine.

"Don't make my hair shit!" She exclaims making me frown.

I don't like it.

"You know what? New rule; you can curse with your friends, I will curse in front of you, but you don't curse in front of me. Ok?"

She releases an audible, dramatic sigh as she nods.

"Ok!"

"Can we go to the movies today?" She asks immediately after.

I narrow my eyes at her.

"No. You have school."

She pouts.

"Pleaseeeee? I want to see the new Hotel Transylvania 4, The bad guys, Lightyear, Disenchanted, and Minions: The rise of Gru!"

I raise my eyebrow.

"Quite a list you got, don't you think?"

She huffs.

"That's why I am saying! There are so many movies to see! I have to start somewhere or I won't be able to watch them!"

I chuckle.

"Of course, that's some very important work right?"

"Yes! That's what I am saying!" She exclaims.

I laugh as I walk up to her.

"Let me make you a deal, you go to school today and we will do a double feature this Saturday. What do you say?"

She puts on a thinking face as she taps her chin.

"Ok! Promise!?"

"Promise!" I say as I kiss her cheek.

That's when we hear her school bus honking outside.

"Bus is here! Bye!" She says she quickly gulps down the last of her juice, picks up her bag, and rushes out the door, with me following her to the entryway.

"I forgot!" She exclaims when she reaches her bus's door before rushing back.

Before I could ask what happened, she makes me lean down and kisses my cheek.

"Bye, mom! I love you!" She says before rushing back.

"Love you too, sweety. Bye!" I say back as she gets on the bus before it leaves.

With a smile, I close the door and lean against the door.

What do I do now?

~~~

"Mam, your coffee. Enjoy!" The waitress says as she puts down my coffee before leaving.

I release a relaxed sigh as I take a sip of my coffee while leaning back in my chair and looking out the big window.