Ch 11: "Sisters & New Substance"

Kara Danvers POV

I groaned loudly as I collapsed on my couch.

Children of Liberty and CADMUS are becoming a pain in my ass!

"How are you?" Alex asked as she walked in.

We got the alert in the middle of my dinner.

"I am hungry and tired..." I mumbled as I sat up and rested my head on her shoulder.

She chuckled. "I guessed. Dinner?" She said as she pushed two pizza boxes toward me.

I hugged her tightly. "Thanks! I love you and food!" I said as I took the box and started eating on our Danvers sister's couch.

As brainy puts it...

"I am just glad that my sister is back!" She said as she stole a piece from MY pizza!

"First of all, I am once again sorry for being a jerk. Second, DON'T steal my food!" I said glaring at her.

She chuckled.

"Ok! Ok!"

I should tell her...

I cleared my throat.

"Sooo...you know...something happened..." I started nervously.

"What!? What happened?" She exclaimed.

"NO! No! It's not anything bad...wait, it is! But don't worry...-'

"Kara! Just tell me what happened?"

"Lexisgoinginandoutofjailwheneverhewants...and hehasakryptonian,wholookslikemeandfollowshiseveryorder." I rushed out, I am sure anyone else would not have understood a word.

But according to her face, she understood every bit!

"WHAT!?" She yelled.

I carefully put my pizza on the table. And turn to her.

"It's true. Lena told me." I said.

She closed her eyes as she took a deep breath, trying to process all the information.

"Where is he going? And does she know his full plan?" She asked calmly.

Huh! It went better than I expected.

I picked up my pizza again.

"Kaznia and she doesn't know. Also, her assistant Eve is working for lex so whenever you go meet her. Try to be discreet or just call her over to the DEO." I said.

She gave me a 'how did I know?' expression.

I shrugged.

"You are my sister and the director of DEO and NOT a fan of lex. Pretty obvious." I said as I finished the last piece of the 1st box.

I opened the second box.

She sighed.

"This is bad. That Kryptonian who looks like you could mess up a lot of things. With the children of liberty, aliens aren't exactly in the best graces. And how are you so calm?" She said.

"Well, I spent the last 6 months drunk and as a pessimist. I am not in the mood to do that again. We will defeat whatever comes at us, even if we hit a few bumps on the way." I said, giving her a reassuring smile.

She grunts as she lays down beside me, as I put my hand around her shoulder.

"Wash your hand!" She yells. I use my speed to wash them then lay back down.