Ch 7: "Brunch"

LENA KEIRAN LUTHOR POV

This is so goddamn confusing!

Nothing is making sense of what's going on in my life anymore!

But after all that...what I am doing right now makes more sense than anything I did in the last 6 months!

My phone pinged with a message.

Sam🥴🤪: Where are you!?

Me: Coming...don't worry I won't miss ruby's game.

Sam🥴🤪: Come FAST!...btw I need deets since I know you didn't come back to L-Corp last night😏😏😏

I roll my eyes and lock my phone, heading towards the elevator.

"Miss Luthor!" Eve shouts. I turn around to face her.

"Yes?"

"I just wanted to remind you of your meeting at 4 and another one at 7." She said.

I raised a brow.

"7? That late?" I asked ignoring the fact that I work till 2 am or at least midnight.

"Yes, his assistant said it's personal."

"Who is this person?"

"Mr. Aiden O' Conner." I mentally roll my eyes.

"I will attend those meetings..." I said before I turned around and entered the lift.

Just great!

I thought I was done with ex-boyfriends popping up in my life!

As I step out of my car when I reach ruby's school.

Her mother pops to my side in a second.

"Finally! What took so long?" She exclaimed as she embraced me in a quick hug.

"Sorry, the traffic slowed me down. By the way, how did you find me so quick?"

She scoffed. "I don't think ANY other parent came in a Rolls Royce."

"Point."

"By the way, how did ruby get interested in soccer?"

She huffed. "She gets interested in anything. First, it was music, then in the second year, it was acting. Now it's soccer. She can never pick one thing!" She said.

I laughed. "Well, she is still in middle school plus what's your bother?"

She groaned loudly. "You have no idea the things she made do for HER current interest. And of course, I had to do it because I love that little brat!"

I smiled. "Well, you are an amazing mom!" I said as I threw an arm around her shoulder.

She smiled. "Thanks."

We reached the sidelines and sat down on the seats. The 2nd half started soon after.

After a few minutes.

"By the way, what happened with you and kara? You guys patched up yet?" She asked, eyes still on the game.

"Yeah. I gave her another chance and we are having brunch today." I prepared myself for another scream but it didn't come.

She is ok? Right?

"You do know you have to be honest too right? You can't expect her to trust you if you don't do the same." She said still looking ahead.

I nodded but then realized she is not seeing me. "Yes, I know. And I will tell her then it's up to her if she wants to patch things up."

I will tell her about Harun-El. The experiments. My goal. And Adam too...