02.

━━━━━

━━━━━

Two Days Earlier

"Leona! I need the bathroom!"

The constant banging on a door could be heard throughout the apartment that my friends and I have called home for a year now. I grumbled underneath my breath while pushing my headphones down on my ears to try and drown out the noise of my two best friends and roommates, Eloise and Leona. While I was trying to study for one a test in one of my classes, those two idiots are frantically running around so they can get ready for a frat party.

While I wished I was getting drunk at a frat party tonight, I needed to ace this test. My professor was already riding my behind on it as it was. So that's why I was currently sat on my bed, books and notes sprawled on the duvet while Blink-182's 'All The Small Things' blares through my headphones.

"Leona! Come on, you've bene in there for over an hour now!"

The banging began again. causing me to fall back onto my sheets with a huff. I'm surprised the door is still standing after all the abuse we have caused it over the years. From Eloise banging on it, to Leona breaking the doorknob one day, and even me kicking it shut with my feet. Let's just say we see our landlord a lot in our apartment.

Suddenly, the sound of a door opening and arguing ventures closer and closer to my bedroom door. I rub my eyes before contemplating if I should even check on them. However, when the sound of screaming and loud crashing can be heard, I immediately get up and open my door to reveal Eloise running around the couch while Leona runs after her. Amused by the sight, I lean on my doorframe while the two yell back and forth.

Eloise, Leona and I met our freshman year here. While Leona and I were dorming together, Eloise and her freshman roommate were our suitemates. Said roommate was never around and Eloise always walked over to our dorm to come and hang with us. After a while it became a routine and we all just became good friends ever since. 

I was afraid when I moved here from California, that I wouldn't make any friends and I would be alone forever. I had only known one person and it was this girl from a tour who told me she was here on a sports scholarship similar to me. Turns out she denied it and ended up staying close to home. I was a little nervous to even come here, Southern California and Washington State aren't exactly close. But Leona and Eloise made me feel appreciated and I felt more comfortable with them than I did anyone back home, even my best friend since freshman year of high school. 

"I needed the bathroom!" Leona gritted her teeth as Eloise spoke, her bath robe clad body now becoming visible to me.

Leona was a beautiful girl, and taller compared to Eloise and I. Her darker skin always shined in the sun, and I was constantly jealous of her clear complexion. She was full Haitian and was definitely proud, and I was happy to see it. She also had these gorgeous butterfly locs that cascaded down her back. She was definitely the flirty one of our group and was always seen hitting up some sort of guy in the club or parties we went to.