16.

━━━━━

━━━━━

After my not so successful first date, Quinton dropped me off at home as he had football practice. I didn't question it really, I wanted to go home as well. The date was awful, I'm going to be honest. I didn't think it was going to be like that and I had freaked out before it just for it to suck balls.

When I got up to my floor, I put my key into the door and opened it up. Immediately I was bombarded with questions from both Eloise and Leona.

"How was it?"

"Did he touch you, if he did, I will literally castrate him."

"Did he buy you flowers, that would be super sweet if he did."

"You're not going out with him again, are you?"

I held my hand up to both of them, before brushing past and plopping down on the couch. I sighed, leaning back on the cushions. I couldn't hear them anymore, but I could literally hear them staring at me and waiting for me to answer.

"The date sucked ass just like you said Lee." I mumbled, looking up a both of them.

"What?" Eloise blurted out, sitting down next to me. I turned over to her and shrugged.

"We went out to that drive-in slash diner place on Monroe, right? Well instead of ordering food and getting a table, he found his football buddies in there and then sat down with them. We never ate and he just laughed about girls' asses and boobs with his friends." Leona snorted while Eloise gave me a deadpanned look.

"I told you so, I've been telling both of you so. The Eagles aren't shit." She held her hands up in mock surrender before sitting down on the bean bag in the room.

"So, he didn't buy you flowers?" I shook my head at Eloise's question.

"Do you plan on going out with him again?" She asked me again and I shrugged.

Really, I didn't want to but I kind of needed Quinton so I could show my ex just how much he means to me. He means absolutely nothing to me anymore and Quinton was the only way to do that.

"You're not seriously thinking about it are you?" Leona questioned me and I shrugged again.

"I don't know but I didn't go out with Quinton because I liked him, I did it to spite Zachary." I sighed, getting up off the couch and walking to the kitchen.

"Oh so is this your revenge plan?" I heard the pitter patter of feet behind me before I turned to see Eloise leaning on the bar top.

"You could say that." I grabbed a cup from the cabinet and moved to the sink to fill it with water.

"So, you're not actually crushing on this guy?" I heard Leona's voice yell from the living room. I snorted, at her question.

Quinton was cool and he was good-looking, but he wasn't the guy I wanted to settle down with and date. He was another Zachary really and I wasn't going through the shit that my ex put me through.

"Absolutely not Le!" I yelled back and I could hear her say something along the lines of 'thank god'. She really didn't like the guy and I didn't blame her really, especially now. Learning his dating skills and how he treats his dates, wasn't something I was willing to put up with for the long run.

I turned back and leaned on the counter across from Eloise. She was currently typing something on her phone, her eyebrows scrunched together. After a little bit she huffed and sat her phone down. Taking a sip of my water, I gave her a weird look. She took that as my way of asking her what was wrong and began to reply.

"Mase and I are fighting. Well, I don't know what we're doing but he's pissed that I was hanging out with a guy at the cafe the other day." She mumbled, and I nodded my head.

Must be why he ran off so suddenly that one day that I came to practice. He seemed pretty serious that day too, something I wasn't used to from him. Thing is Mase had a thing for Eloise since he set his eyes on her. El had mentioned towards the beginning of freshman year that her childhood crush was in her class. When I had found out it was Mase, I wasn't too surprised. I had seen them interact before she had told me and the way he looked at her just spoke volumes about their relationship.

It was obvious he was in love with her but Eloise had told him that she just wanted to be friends. He respected that and I honestly respected him for that. Who knows how long he waited to see her again, I remember Carlo had told Leona and I that Mase wouldn't event ouch another girl or acknowledge one for years. He and Mase had gone to high school together and quickly became friends, which isn't too hard when they're both very outgoing.

However, hearing that he was mad at Eloise for something she couldn't prevent even with them being friends, it made me chuckle. He was clearly so enamored with Eloise, but she couldn't see it, she always denied it when Leona and I mentioned it. Lee and I even have a bet going on about when they'll get together, and I have a feeling I'm going to be earning some cash soon.

"So he caught you with a guy and he got jealous." I shrugged, and Eloise rolled her eyes almost immediately upon hearing the word.

"No, he was not jealous Harper."

I chose to ignore her and continue on. "Aren't you dance partners with Ricky? He's gay is he not?" I quickly pointed out and she nodded her head. "Then you told him that, he shouldn't still be mad."

"Thing is, I got mad too and I told him that he shouldn't be yelling at me because we aren't even together." She groaned as if she was ashamed of her words.

"Gosh you two just need to get together, it's hard to watch you both teeter around one another. One-time you guys were super close to kissing, and I wanted to just push your lips together for you." I motioned, watching Eloise's cheeks turn a rosy tint.

"Then why would he agree to be friends with me if he likes me so much Harper?" Eloise crossed her arms, sitting on the barstool behind the counter now.

"Maybe because he respects you and your boundaries. Masen is a great guy Eloise, and you know that, just talk to him about it and he'll open up." I watched her sigh, leaning her chin on her propped-up arm. She kept glancing down at her phone for a few minutes before mumbling a curse word of some sort.

"I'll be back." She huffed, hopping off the stool and walking into the living room.

"Where are you going?" I asked her, following her into the living room where Leona was sitting, watching her show.

"To go find that idiot. I'll be back for dinner."

"Oh girl, do not come back for dinner." Leona pointed at her, narrowing her eyes.

I snorted, going to sit down on the couch. Eloise grabbed the keys and then headed out of the apartment. I turned to Leona and sighed. "They grow up too fast."

She only hummed in response as we both watched the newest episode of criminal minds.

━━━━━

Just a little filler chapter until the good stuff starts rolling in!

Hope you guys have a fantastic Friday!