17.

━━━━━

━━━━━

"Is there a reason you decided to get into a fight with him in the middle of the diner?" My hand gripped the wheel tighter, catching Carlo's question from the back of the truck.

"Isn't it obvious?" Mase suddenly quipped from the passenger seat, and I took a quick peek over at him with my brows raised, egging him to go on.

The guys and I decided to go out for lunch since it was a very quiet weekend, we didn't have practice until Sunday evening, and we needed to get out of the football house as quickly as possible. If I had known Harper was going to show up with that bastard at the same restaurant we were at, I would've suggested another place. I'm not sure why I got so pissed off when I saw them walk in, I mean whatever she does is her business. However, my body had a totally different reaction, and it caused a scene in the middle of the diner.

"I'm not sure I'm following Mase...." Carlo trailed, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Yeah, me either, and I was the one who initiated the standoff." I corrected Carlo, giving him a look in the rearview mirror.

"You know that was not a standoff." He rolled in eyes in return.

"You were jealous." Masen suddenly says from his spot next to me.

There was a beat of silence before Carlo started laughing hysterically in the back. I sighed, watching him hold his stomach while Masen started to chuckle as well.

"Would you both quit?" I gritted out, pressing on the brake a little bit harder than intended.

"Oh man, Masen you are a genius!" Carlo yelled from the backseat, shaking the guy's shoulders through the seat.

"I just know jealousy when I see it, and you Elijah were green." Masen smirked, and I shook my head, pulling off from the stop sign and into our neighborhood.

"I was not jealous; I was merely looking out for Harper. Quinton is bad news and you both know it." I stated, adjusting my grip on the wheel.

I wasn't jealous. I was definitely not jealous; I had no reason to be jealous. Harper gets on my nerves; I do not have any feelings like that towards her. Yes, I find her a little bit attractive, but I don't have feelings for her.

"Whatever, I know what I saw." Mase huffs, and I peer over at him giving him a shrug.

Pulling into the driveway of the house, I put the truck in park and immediately get out after turning the engine off. My mind was still reeling from Harper and I's conversation near the bathrooms and how I reacted to her being on a date with Quinton.

Why she chose him to make Zachary jealous makes me feel a little annoyed. Zachary doesn't like Quinton but I'm sure he could care less that his ex is going out with him. He seems pretty unbothered even when Harper's around some of the guys on our football team anyways, even during their relationship. Shaking my head free of those thoughts, I hopped up the steps to the entrance of the house and walked in with Mase and Carlo in tow, going on and on about Harper and I.