04.

6 Hours Before

6 Hours Before

━━━━━

"One more lap ladies!"

The yelling of my coach took over my senses rather than my harsh breathing as I and a few others pushed to end this horrific journey of laps we do just about every morning. While I generally hated these days, right now I was currently using it as my stress reliever and output for frustration. The events from yesterday evening were still lingering around in my mind and I was currently teetering between wanting to cry or wanting to punch Zach and the girl's face.

I did however spend the rest of my evening sulking in my bedroom with chili cheese dogs and fries. My guilty pleasure food if you will.

Eloise immediately tried comforting me after the ordeal, while I just pushed past Zach and the 'blondie'. After entering inside I never once looked back until he was far enough to not see my stare. Now I wished I didn't after seeing him laugh and walk off with her. How could he be so inconsiderate? Was our entire relationship a lie to him?

The thoughts made me angrier causing me to pump my legs faster to the end of the laps.

"Great work today ladies, especially you Conway." Our coach told us when we all congregated back to the bleachers.

I immediately grabbed the blue water bottle that set next to my bag, the liquid running down my throat and relieving my body with the cold temperature. My muscles were on high today, more so than yesterday since I didn't cramp up in the middle of the laps. I could hear the rest of the cheer team grumble and complain about today's practice that was only stretches and laps. But what did they expect, Coach Lane was still mad at us for are horrible performance at the Smith Charity Cheer Comp last week. We might have tried our best, but that wasn't enough.

Nothing seemed enough lately.

"Hey, are you okay?" The sound of Leona's soft voice filled my right ear. Gazing over at her, she looked to be in the same physical state as I was. Her body was glistening with sweat, as her bun was slowly coming out with small curls. She was currently tipping her water bottle up to get water into her system while I was still trying to catch my breath from the 6 laps we had done.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I mumble, sending her my best smile though it was definitely strained.

My mind couldn't come up with any reasons as to why he would do that. Why he would go cheat on me. Our relationship might have not been perfect, but we were fine. At least I thought we were. Maybe that's why he cheated, because he was tired of old me. Doesn't make me feel better.