seven

Christmas holidays

"Is this better now?" I turned and showed Remus his chart and he nodded. He fixed a couple of angles that were not fully correct then continued with his OWL preparation. I saw Lily, James and Sirius approach the library and our table. I saw Sirius hesitate as James held onto him but he pushed away and left the library. I ignored him. I still felt bad for him, especially after he caught Regulus waiting for me and he did not know the context behind that, Lily probably told him out of sympathy but I still could not get over the no hands rule he put on me.

I heard James sigh, then he moved forward to sit right next to me as Remus got up to pick some books.

"Lizzy," he whispered. I ignored him. I saw right through him. I could tell straight away. Sirius asked him to find out. If not, Then James was only trying to find out to fulfil his curiosity. "No '' I snapped and grabbed my stuff. "Bye Remus" I turned to him as he stood with three books in his hand. I walked straight out of the library towards my next class. Potions.

I took a seat next to Taylor but then remembered the seats being reassigned so I had to get up and move next to Regulus. He cleared his throat and I saw him move his seat away from me as I took out my quill and some parchment. He was about to say something but he stopped as Professor Slughorn walked in and greeted the class, continuing on with our assignment.

I reached to take out my potions textbook when Regulus took out his notes, and pointed towards the potion. "This is the one you're going to be writing about '' he instructed, clearing his throat because it came out muffled the first time.

I looked at the potion. Burn-healing paste.

"Burn healing paste?" I stuttered, "really Regulus?" He shrugged his shoulders and started brewing his potion.

"Which one are you doing?"

"Felix felicis"

"So you get to do the hard potion and you give me one of the easiest ones to do?"

He nodded his head, "I am only giving you what you can handle."

I looked at him. I saw how he carefully measured each and every ingredient. His piercing grey eyes and dark contemplative brows that frowned as he focused on brewing his potion. His jaw was sharp and his cheekbones higher. His dark hair was how it always was, arranged in neat curls that were grown out messy but perfect. Put it together. He looked so well and put it together. You could easily recognise him. Regulus Black.

"If you want to kiss me again all you have to do is ask?" Regulus teased me and I snapped back in reality.

"I'd rather have sex with the Marquis de Sade," I blurted "and yes, I know he's dead."

Silence followed the both of us as the rest of the class seemed heated in conversation as they continued with their assignments.

"You need a reality check Elizabeth."

"You think being a Black makes you better than everyone, having nothing to lose but one day it will come to you Regulus" I said, "and when you come crying to me or Sirius because your so called friends are no longer busy with you."

"Shut up Elizabeth" he pursed his lips, "you have no idea what goes on in my life."

"And you have no idea what goes on in mine." I seethed. "Merlin, I am so sick and tired of everyone making decisions for me. You want to brew Felix felicis. FINE. I will brew a potion better than yours and you will see why I am at the top of this class."

He placed his ingredients on the table and sighed. He mumbled a few phrases that I could not fully understand, mainly because he was mumbling so I could not hear him.