twenty two

I never forgot it. It felt as if time could not pass by, I felt in a constant state of paralysis as I tried to be my old self again, but I remained on trying to find it. Time went by but I pushed through it, especially when after that, several drastic catastrophes occurred. We returned from the holidays and Remus kept his promise. That day, I have never forgotten. I was sat with my friends in the Common Room as Sirius stole Peter's sweets. We all laughed. Remus turned and looked at, "You alright?" he whispered as he gently nudged me. I took the broken glasses and fixed them across my face and smiled in response. He was about to ask me something but James burst in and he seemed on edge. The complete end. He was furious. He repeatedly muttered the same thing.

Sirius approached him and he pushed his arm away. "You won't believe what Snivellous has done."

We all stared in silence, until Sirius cracked a joke. "Pranked the first graders?" He looked around for a response but neither of us responded. Remus nudged him and Sirius stopped.

"I told her, I told her, I told her, I told her" he repeated and walked up and down, with his finger pointed in the air. Truthfully, we all thought he had finally lost it. "She remained friends with him and I told her that Snivellous is what he is, and will always remain one. He will treat her like one and he finally did."

"James, what did he do?" Peter asked in caution.

"HE CALLED MY LILY A-" he paused in horror, "Think the worst possible term you can call someone in the wizarding world." He sat down then jumped out of his seat. "He called Lily a mud blood!" he hissed.

Sirius rolled his eyes, as Remus remained frozen in shock. "Have you spoken to lily yet?" Remus asked.

"What do you think? She won't see me. Lizzy you have to try. Boys we have to get him. How dare he speak to her that way. If anything her blood is the most purest of sorts. Snivellous is the one that looks like he has a mud stick up his tush with that face all of the time."

Sirius stepped forward and displayed one of the most grandest pranks that would humiliate him. James nodded, "let's get ready boys. Lizzy go check on my lily. I can't bear it, on second thought I'll come with you."

We looked around and found her in the library, sat with Mary... Slowly, I approached with, alongside James behind me, who repeatedly pushed me towards them. "Lily" I said, and they all looked up at me. "Are you okay?" I asked but James interrupted and sat next to her and bombarded her with questions of concern.

I observed Lily watch James as he kept on asking if she was all right. He grabbed her hand and her eyes jolted upright into shock, as the rest of us. "Lily" James whispered, with his lip quivering. "If anything or anyone were to treat you like this, I would-"

"HE'S OUTSIDE"

We all turned as we saw Sirius run into the library, being hushed by the librarian. Right before I turned, I saw Lily's cheeks blush in red as she gazed at her and James's hands.

"What are you talking about Sirius?" I asked him as he bent down to catch his breath.

"Snivellous... he's outside." he paused. "James."

He did not need to finish his sentence for within a mere flash, James had let go of Lily's hand and was stood by Sirius as they walked away.

"You don't think he's going to-" Mary said as she looked at us.

James ran back towards us, "My fault. I completely forgot." he turned to lily and kissed her on the cheek and she jumped in surprise. "For you, Lily. This is for you." He turned away and caught up to Sirius.

"He really is." Mary continued.

I got up and walked towards them. I turned to Lily and Mary, "well come on guys."

-

He sat against a tree outside as James approached him.

"OI SNIVELLOUS" James called out as snape looked up and rolled his eyes but James did not stop. He took his wand out; Snape noticed and grabbed his but was not fast enough. James murmured and Snape flew into the air. Sirius laughed and took his wand out but James pushed it down. "This if for Lily and all the others." He lifted his arm up and down then spun it around which, if I recalled, made Snape's cloak fall onto the ground as well as his pants. People gathered around and pointed, laughing horrifically at him. The Slytherins too, Nobody came to help.

"Don't you dare mess with Lily again." He shouted and walked off.

Sirius and Peter cheered, alongside Remus and I. "if that does not catch lily's eye then I don't know what could prongs" Sirius smiled as James pulled his cloak in pride.

We walked back to the library but no longer fond lily there. The boys decided to go back to the common room to find her, James mostly but Sirius, Remus and Peter wanted to know what Lily's reaction would be like. I stayed in the library to take out some books, my excuse was I recall but in reality I hoped to bump into him.

I remembered that. One of the worst. He was with his friends. They looked up and saw me and sneered. Evan called me names but I blocked it out in the hope that he would have looked up at me but he did not.

I turned towards the bookshelf to find some books for my divination essay when I bumped into a familiar face. I recognised her blonde hair and glasses. She sat with Regulus sometimes.

"Pardon me, I'm so sorry." I said as I picked up her book that had fallen.

"it's alright" she smiled, then fixed her glasses as she must have recognised me. She turned towards Regulus then me, quite a few times. "Follow me." she whispered and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. She walked away from Regulus's table, deeper into the library until we reached a quieter section.

She let go of my hand, "I'm sorry, let me introduce myself properly." She fixed her hair. "I'm pandora Lestrange."

I nodded my head, "Elizabeth-"

"Blackwood. I've heard. I mean, I know-" she paused and laughed. "Sorry this seems bizarre but believe it or not Regulus has told me about you."

I felt my cheeks rise aflame in shame and embarrassment. She must have realised as she took my hands in hers and explained, "No, Lizzy it's nothing wrong. You have to listen to me. Don't listen to what Regulus has told you, he still likes you, more than like, he's simply scared to admit. He's always remained quite protective; he may not show it but he is. He's only pushing you away to protect you."

"But to protect me from what."

She tried to respond but shook her head. "Just don't give up on him ok. He may not say it at all but he needs you in his life."

In that moment, I dipped my oars into the sea with the aim to accompany the moon above that ensured the moon would never feel alone as the light bloomed inside of me.

***

Filler chapter? Vote xo