fifteen

Cherish's favorite season was not summer, but since that's the longest time which she went without having to go to school it was her second favorite season

Cherish's favorite season was not summer, but since that's the longest time which she went without having to go to school it was her second favorite season. Summer meant no school, but it also meant not seeing her friends every day which to her was the biggest downside. It was the only reason why she was considering even joining Cobra Kai, it would give her a set time and place to see her friends – well some of her friends. Amelia and Victoria not carrying for karate had no need or want to join the dojo with her meaning she'd only be seeing half her friends.

Plus, to some miracle Amelia got her parents to agree to let her go on a week's worth of vacation with Scott and his family. Victoria had thought about joining a club until she learned of a volunteer opportunity at a middle school where she'd be helping kids build rockets. Cherish did not tell her parents of her friend's plans or else they'd tell her to look into doing something productive with her summer.

The twins didn't make her look good either as they both were off working their full-time job, while one had a healthy relationship the other was helping foster puppies. So while her parents were home more than ever over the summer was awesome, and they were going to get to spend quality time she did not want to spend her full summer with them.

This is why when Cherish was informed that sensei Johnny did not like their snake-do joke which made him give them an ultimatum she was interested.

"5 am tomorrow morning. Corner of Fulton and Raymer. You don't show, and you're off the team"

Not being Cobra Kai meant Cherish didn't arrive until around 6 am, on the back of her brunette brother's motorcycle who had way too many questions at the sight of what looked like child labor. Of course, Matthew didn't ask any of them, just took Cherish's helmet and drove off to his job.

The motorcycle caught everyone's attention but unlike in the movies, Cherish didn't take off her helmet in slow motion and then fix her hair in a way that grabbed everyone's attention. Once everyone had seen that it was Cherish they went back to work, except one boy whose world did move in slow motion

When that movie-like entrance ended Miguel drops his shovel and walks over to greet her, "You made it!"

"What exactly did I make it to?" Cherish asks watching the rest of the kids continue mixing cement before turning to look at the only adults "And who's the old dude next to your sensei?"