twenty-five

Klaus and Odette always worried about their kids

Klaus and Odette always worried about their kids. From the moment they learned they'd made a kid to the moment in the present, the parents worried. It's what parents do when they have a piece of their heart out in the world. They did their best to give their kids the skills and knowledge they would need to survive the tribulations life threw their way. The one thing they couldn't predict was their daughter getting into a fight all over the school – they expected that from their sons.

Cherish hadn't fully woken up from her deep sleep for a whole day. She wasn't in a coma; the girl just hadn't fully woken up only been in and out of sleep as the anesthesia had yet to wear off. Cherish would wake up say some phrases or ask questions before lulling herself back to sleep.

Klaus and Odette weren't worried for their daughter's physical wellbeing, the doctors made it clear that the surgery went well and she needed her sleep for a fast and healthy recovery. The parents were just worried for her, a fight started at her school, and she was in the middle of it. So many kids had gotten hurt, but not all of them were sent to the hospital or to surgery.

Being at the West Valley General Hospital made the parents and siblings finally meet Miguel's family and him being in worse shape than Cherish they did their best to support them in any way they could. Miguel was in a coma and had a neck brace to keep everything intact from the fall

Turned out Cherish hadn't fainted at the sight of Miguel falling and lying unconscious, rather the blood loss was what made her faint. While it was internal bleeding, that made it all the more serious as it had to be solved with surgery

Cherish slowly opens her eyes, but in doing so it didn't feel like she was waking up from a nap. This felt different, her lips were chapped, her body aching, her throat dry and she could feel she wasn't alone in the bright room.

The teen girl clears her vision with a few blinks before opening her lips to ask something only for the words trying to be said to be scratchy and hoarse, "W-wha"

"Get the water"

"Here"

Cherish welcomes the straw to her lips allowing the cold water to feel like the thing she needed. With a cleared throat she spoke clearly, "What are you two doing here"