seventeen

Cherish certainly had favorites when it came to the two sides of her family

Cherish certainly had favorites when it came to the two sides of her family. Her dads were in her opinion the best because she could be herself and there was never a moment of awkwardness. Her mom's side residing on the other side of the ocean meant she rarely saw them, so they were strangers for the most part. But family is family, meaning being invited to a big event during the summer one can't really get out of it. 

A cousin was getting married, she wasn't really Cherish's cousin but going through technical names gets tricky, so cousin is what the girls always referred to them other as. Having RSVP'd their spot the family of five had decided to take a whole week off and go to Spain.

Spencer being someone who loves a plan when going out of the city was in charge of booking everything. Fights? Booked and everyone got the seats on the plane they preferred. Dogs' hotel? Booked and foster puppies were being handed off to another volunteer. Matthew and Odette's flight anxiety medication? Packed and timed for when they should take it which included layover time.

Cherish was even sent a reminder with what to pack, which she wasn't so bothered by because while she was sent the message each day a week leading up to the event she'd remember needing something new to pack each time. Her dress for the wedding was the first thing she packed, and the only thing until the night before her flight.

"Gods that's a big pill" Cherish winces always having the worst time when it came to taking pills, when she'd get sick she always preferred the horrible-tasting liquid medicine over a pill "How do you even swallow that?"

"I'm a professional swallower," Matthew shrugs as he swallows the pill and water 

"Matthew!" Odette scolds her son her own pill still in her hand

"It's a joke!" Matthew exclaims before looking over at his siblings and shaking his head not even believing his own words

Odette takes her pill before walking over to sit next to her husband, "I swear your kids are the worst when sleep deprived"

"I told you, love, we should have left them home," Klaus says with all seriousness as a vacation with his kids always had surprises

"Oh, come on Klaus," Odette speaks up taking a quick glance at her kids who were in their own worlds phone in hand "you almost lost it the other night when Cher got home late because she was at her friend's house"