twenty-nine

Cherish loved her art class, because of her the school made it so she could take AP Art classes which was just being part of the advanced art class while she was in her corner doing whatever she wanted and ignored whatever lesson or activity or ho...

Cherish loved her art class, because of her the school made it so she could take AP Art classes which was just being part of the advanced art class while she was in her corner doing whatever she wanted and ignored whatever lesson or activity or homework the teacher was making the other students do. Cherish's art skill had always been referred to as something she was born with because it was a gift not something that could be taught.

Cherish had finally gotten her mojo back, and was sketching an idea onto a white canvas when her phone started to ring making the music in her ears stop playing. She'd never answered a call during classes, but it being Miguel who should have already gotten out of his surgery she answers it.

Trying to be discreet Cherish places her phone on the easel while lowering her stool and in a whisper answers, "Hi"

Miguel had the phone so close to his face while groggily stating, "Bambina you're in a box..." 

"Are you still loopy from the surgery?" Cherish asks knowing from video proof her brothers had taken once she was out of surgery but still was feeling the effects of the anesthesia

"Loopy... is that what I'm feeling?" Miguel asks pulling the phone away from his face making her have a view of the ceiling and his forehead

Cherish looks around just to be sure no one was paying attention to her words, "Maybe. So, how did the surgery go? Do you feel better?"

"What if my surgery didn't work? What if I can never walk again?" Miguel seriously asks his phone now framing his face allowing her to see her Appa pillow behind his head

"Woah, straight off the bat with that," Cherish's eyes widen not expecting the question   

"So you don't know?"

Cherish deadpans the camera "Mig, you know I have all the answers. The surgery worked and you will walk again, promise"

Miguel did call her once again later that day, only this time he was fully awake with no recollection of the other call meaning she didn't have the heart to tell him about it.