Chapter Thirteen

Sean

She fell asleep in the car on the ride. Her head gently rested against the glass of the car window. Her body language had remained more comfortable this trip and she felt safe enough to sleep which was a big improvement. When we pulled up at the group home I gently shook her shoulder, she moaned but didn't open her eyes, instead she re-adjusted her position with her head against the seat. She was exhausted. I got out the car walked around to the passenger side and opened her door. Reaching across her I unbuckled her seatbelt and scooped her up into my arms. Her eyes opened slightly.

"Sean?" in her sleepy state she forgot to call me Mr Green and I loved it. "It's okay Pookie we're here I'm going to carry you inside." She hummed and her eyes closed, back to sleep. I doubt she would remember this in the morning. At the door I rang the buzzer with my elbow as the keys were in my pocket and I didn't want to put Sang down. Marc's face appeared in the window, his mismatched eyes alight with curiosity.

"Sean, why are you carrying an unconscious girl up the stairs?" Marc queried his eyebrow raised. Now I knew why Kota was so flustered.

"She's not unconscious she's asleep. She's going to be staying here for a few days, Dr Roberts knows about it." Marc nodded, mischief in his face. "I bet he told you to carry her bridal style over the threshold too right?" I groaned. "You're such a dick, no he didn't, but she was asleep in the car and she's had a rough couple of hours okay." I felt so bad for Kota is this is how I made him feel. "Whatever man who am I to stand in the way of chivalry, if that's truly what it is. The room next to Gabe and Vic's is free and it's got some girls clothes still in the drawers." "Is that the room that shares an ensuite with Jades?" "Nah Jade's downstairs sharing an ensuite with her brother now the adjoining room is empty." "Thanks Marc." "Don't mention it, also I won't mention to Dr Roberts your feat of strength, and gentlemanliness." I cursed under my breath, why couldn't it have been Brandon at the door he would have buzzed me through without a word.

I carried Sang up the stairs and past two doors, the third was open, this was the room Marc has said to put her in. I could hear noise coming from Gabe and Vic's room, something that sounded vaguely like a chainsaw, knowing that was a noise that usually came from Nates room but his was silent meant they were probably all crushed in together on the bean bags watching horror films. I wondered how Nate had managed to convince Victor he usually hated gory films.

The room Marc had allocated Sang to was stark. A plain pale pink comforter and white bed linen covered the simple wooden double frame. A chest of drawers, a white flat pack style desk and a lamp were the only other furniture in the room. There was a sliding mirror door that opened to a wardrobe and a solid door that opened to the ensuite. I carefully moved all Sangs weight to one of my arms, and quickly flicked the comforter down. I lowered her to the bed careful not to knock her leg in the process. She groaned as she made herself comfortable on the bed but she didn't wake. She still had her raincoat on, it was dry now, but I debated taking it off her before deciding that removing her clothing bordered on creepy even if it was just a coat. I pulled the comforter over her and leaned down to brush some hair off her face.

"Good night Pookie."

Sang

I was so warm and comfortable. I awoke slowly enjoying the soft sheets and warm thick blanket. I knew I wasn't at home, but I had woken slowly enough that I had the opportunity to remember I was at the group home. I vaguely remember Sean talking to someone and him carrying me to bed. I should have felt mortified but the bed and rest I had received as a consequence of that had me ignoring it. I sat up slowly getting used to the feel of the cast dragging on the sheets. It hadn't bothered me last night, but I had been so exhausted. I tried to stretch but the raincoat prevented me from raising my arms fully. I pulled it off and dropped it to the floor. I didn't have chores to do, I didn't have to worry about Her yelling at me I could rest. Looking around the room I was amazing by the furniture they had on hand. A desk, drawers, this bed. I could see a door half opened to reveal tiles. An ensuite. I pushed back the covers and slid myself to the edge of the bed. Using the bed to push myself up onto my good leg I limped across the carpet to the bathroom. I used the facilities and washed my hand when I heard a noise. Like a rattle and thump. I limped back to my room and peered around the door. I couldn't see anyone maybe it was someone downstairs or in another room. I could hear faint voices and I could smell something cooking, bacon and toast. I hadn't slept the day away then. I wasn't quite ready to get up and face the day I wanted a few more minutes of peace before I interacted with people. I wondered if Sean was going to be here. I cringed, Sean, I should be calling him Mr Green but he had asked me not to repeatedly last night. Was it ruder to refer to him by his first name or to ignore his request? I would have to see how the others here spoke to him, that might provide some insight. I pulled my leg back up onto the bed, then pulled the comforter up over my head. I needed some time to process what had happened yesterday. I needed to find a way to thank Kota and the little girl, Jess? They had tried to help me and I had been very difficult. I hoped Sean would be able to pass a message onto them or that our paths would cross. I hadn't realised it until we were in the car, but they lived on my street. It was raining and I was in pain so I hadn't been that observant of outside the car but I saw a few familiar yards and the street sign as we headed to the hospital. I sighed nestling down further into the blanket I wasn't ready yet to think about Her and her behaviour. This was the first night I had spent away from either of them and I had woken able to breathe. Despite being well rested the warmth of the bed and the cocoon like feel had me starting to feel sleepy again. Dr Roberts did say I needed to rest. A sudden shout caused me to stiffen under the blanket.

"Gabriel, what the hell did you do? When I find you so help me god!" my bedroom door opened with a bang and I tried to flatten myself into the mattress. Who was Gabriel? What had he done? Were there consequences here? I should have said no, I should have snuck out of the hospital. I shouldn't have trusted Dr Roberts, he said safe this wasn't safe. My chest was aching, my lungs trying to take deep breaths but I wouldn't allow it, small we need to be small. A large weight suddenly dropped on top of me, pinning me to the bed. I wished I had have taken a deep breath because I couldn't breathe in. I was trapped. I tried to push my body up against them to shake them off.

"No Gabe I'm not getting off you until you apologise, you ruined that jacket, absolutely ruined it, you knew I wanted to wear it tonight." I tried to push again tried to open my mouth to shout that I wasn't this Gabe person, that I was hurt, the weight was causing my leg to move at a funny angle pulling at my immobilised knee. The weight started pushing down, hands moving all over me, trying to get a grip. A whimper escaped my mouth as the hands pushed down on my chest.

"What the Hell?" The weight shifted. I could breathe in. "Stop please," I begged. My voice weak and muffled by the blankets. I heard the rattle noise again.

"Vic what the fuck are you doing?" a deep second voiced asked from somewhere in the room. Suddenly the comforter was thrown off me and I was staring up at a boy. His eyes were molten gold, swirling like they were on fire. His face was horrified. I pressed myself further back into the bed.

"Jesus Christ Victor get off her, it's a girl and she's in a gods damned cast." The boy Victor shot back off the bed like he has been burnt. He looked down at his hands.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't hurt you did I? I thought you were Gabriel." A second boy entered my line of sight and I flinched away. I scooted back up the bed until my back was pressed against the headboard and drew my legs as close to my chest as I could with the cast.

"Of course you fucking hurt her, she's tiny." I flinched at the words. "Gabe you're scaring her." "I'm scaring her? You're the one who attacked her in bed." "I wouldn't have attacked her if you hadn't run in here. What the hell were you doing hiding in her room?" "She wasn't in the bed when I came in or I wouldn't have hidden in her closet." A third voice broke in "What do you two think you're yelling about? What is going on?" It was Sean!

I scrambled off the bed and limped over to him. Trying to avoid the other boys. He stretched out his arm and I grabbed hold of him for balance so I could raise my cast off the ground.

"Sean, I came in looking for Gabe and I thought he was hiding under the bed covers." The first boy said raising his hands in a calm down gesture. The second boy snorted, "As if I would hide under the bed covers, I'm not an idiot." I looked around Sean to the second boy. He wasn't quite as tall as Sean, but he was much taller than me. He was wearing orange tank top, and grey sweatpants that hung low on his hips, he was barefoot. He had piercing blue eyes and several studs and hoops running up his ears. His hair was split dyed, with blonde streaks framing his face but dark brown locks to the back. The first boy was dressed similarly, wearing a plain white tee and grey sweatpants his were form fitting. His soft brown hair was sleep tousled. No shoes either. They must have just gotten up before they started fighting.

"Okay," Sean prompted boy number one. "So, I thought Gabe was hiding under the bed covers and I kind of jumped on him, and I was trying to pin his wrists so he couldn't get away. When I felt something that were not wrists." I turned a deep red. Boy one's ears and face were glowing too, I was glad I wasn't the only one embarrassed by this.

"Holy shit, Victor did you cop a feel? What, and I cannot stress this enough the actual fuck man?" Boy one, Victor, scowled at boy two, Gabe.

"I didn't mean to I though she was you." "So, you wanted to feel me up, what kind of sicko are you?"

"Boys that's enough!" Sean's voice was stern and loud. I cowered against him. "Victor apologise to Sang, and Gabe stop swearing and yelling about everything, and then apologise to Sang." Both boys looked shamefaced.

"Sorry Sang." They chorused at me. "Its um... Its okay. I mean I'm okay." I looked at Sean. "Do you have my backpack? I want to get changed." "Yeah, I stopped by Kota's this morning and grabbed it for you. Here." He handed it to me. "Now boys you and I are going to have a chat about personal boundaries and running through other people's rooms." Both boys nodded and trailed after Sean. Gabe raised a hand and waved at me as he exited the room. "See you later Trouble."