Chapter Twenty-Nine

Silas

North was a fucking idiot. He wants to deny his past η άρνηση δεν βοήθησε ποτέ κανέναν. He would be angry forever. I hated being angry. I was not my brother, I did not need to throw tantrums or break things, hurt people I could be reasonable. The minute the car stopped I threw the door open and stormed out slamming it behind me.

"Silas don't fucking slam my doors." "Θα κάνω αυτό που θέλω" *I'll do what I want*

"γάμα σε" *Fuck you* " Όχι Βορρά. Γαμήστε σας."*No North. Fuck you.*

I was done shouting in the parking lot. I held up my middle finger and stalked towards the Church muttering under my breath. I was not a mat to be walked over. I do not get mad often but I have feelings and I am frustrated. I know North needs help but he will not let me help him. He wants to yell and scream and bring up my past but I can be mad too. Maybe yelling back will make him listen. I stepped into the foyer moving past Kota who was wide eyed clutching a hard hat to his chest. I felt a twinge I didn't mean to scare him. I hear North slam his door behind me.

"γαμημένος υποκριτής" *Fucking hypocrite* I yelled out at him. Kota took a step back. I reached around him and grabbed my own hard hat and a box of boots in my size. "Sorry" I murmured "It's been a bad morning." He nodded. North yells something in German. As mad as I am at him I want to help soothe this bad mood. He has been trying to hard to keep himself under control. When we moved to the states almost four years ago, they gave him a diagnosis of IED, Intermittent Explosive Disorder. He tried all the pills, he keeps a strict diet, he exercises constantly, he doesn't want to be angry he's hurting.

I can feel my anger at him drifting away. I am wearing his shoes and I know how hard it is. It makes it hard for me to stay mad. I take a deep breath in and slowly release it, like blowing up a balloon. Dr Lily is good with the explanations. When North walks in one look at his face and the pain in his dark eyes and I know I need to forgive him and myself. I stand in front of him getting as close to his personal space as he can tolerate. I can see the tick of his jaw and the movement of his throat as he fights his sadness.

"είμαστε και οι δύο ηλίθιοι. Αλλά και αδέρφια. Συγχώρεσέ με?" I reach out my hand towards him. He clasps my forearm. "Είμαι αυτός που πρέπει να ζητήσει συγγνώμη. I'll go to Dr Lily if your offer stands to come along?" "I would never make you go alone brother." I turn to face Kota who has managed to hide himself between a table and a chair.

"Are we ready to get started?"

*We are both idiots. But also brothers. Forgive me?* *I'm the one who should apologise*

Nate

Owen seriously drives like an old lady but after the hours he sentenced us to I was not going to suggest he speed up. I knew we were already late but Victor and I both needed showers and Vic needed to brush his teeth in a bad way. Coffee vomit was another level of gross. I didn't know about Vic but my abdominal muscles were protesting the idea of swinging a sledge or carrying heavy objects. I knew once I got stuck into it though they would stretch and while I would be sore tonight tomorrow I would be ready to hit the gym for my regular cardio routine. The warm shower had helped a lot and I made a note to thank Charlie for helping to install the giant water heater we used.

The movement of the car, and the classical music Owen had playing through the car was making me sleepy and I found my head nodding. I looked across at Vic, his eyes were closed but he was playing piano on his thigh. I craned my head to check and see if Owen had the heaters on too when he turned suddenly.

Silas's father was a godsend when he convinced Dr Roberts a few years ago that he needed to upgrade the hot water system and add in some additional bathrooms. It used to be a line up for the boys upstairs and downstairs bath, and there was hell to pay when we had five or six girls. The whole house had an upgrade our bedrooms were moved around and the house gutted. It was around the time Brandon, Corey, Raven and Kayli moved out. They all turned 18 in the same year. The house was modernised and things became a lot more comfortable. I found myself daydreaming about how things would change now that we had Sang a girl to round out our group. I found myself thinking about how movie night would be different she might not like horror films, she spooked easily. But she seemed to like curling up in the beanbag with Gabriel. I wondered if she might want to curl up next to me. She was so tiny and her eyes were so big she was innocent, and her hair looked so soft, her skin would be warm and she would smell really good, I wondered how her shampoo smelt. My thoughts circled back to hot water and showers, girls in showers. My daydreams lurched to a halt when I became aware of a pressing issue that thinking about her curled up in a bean bag with me, or using the showers had caused. Embarrassed I shifted myself slightly so that it wasn't obvious what was happening but Sean noticed me moving from the from the front seat.

"Sore Nate? Do you need a rub down when we get to site?" my face flamed. "No, I'm fine just getting comfortable." The thought of Sean rubbing any part of me immediately killed my pressing issue. His eyebrow quirked up at me in the revision mirror. I ducked my head.

"How much longer till we're there?" I asked. Owen groaned as Sean gave his standard response "How long is a piece of string?" he chuckled at his own lame joke. Owen scowled at Sean "Nathan its about 5 more minutes, then you can be free of the car." I slid down in the seat and tried to keep my mind off beanbags, showers and soft skin.