Chapter 9

Lee Ji Yung

I look at the time, and realise that in exact 5 minutes from now, we have a press conference downstairs with some of the reporters from entertainment news companies.

"Noon- Miss Ji Yung-" Seo Jin starts and I cut him off.

"Noona." I corrected and turned around to glare at him.

"N-Noona," he starts again. "The reporters are already here, and they are waiting for us. I have arranged security guards and chairs for them like you told me to." He nodded at me.

"Ah, good job Seo Jin-ah, " I smile at him and ruffle his hair. "I'll go check on Hyunjin to see if he's ready." I wave at him to sit down and he plops on the sofa in his black tuxedo.

.

.

.

.

I knock on the door twice, to hear shuffling on the other side and the door opens. "Annyeong." He greets me, bowing slightly as I return the greeting.

Damn, he managed to look so fresh early in the morning but, it's Hwang Hyunjin, what else do you expect. He had his blonde hair up in a manbun, and since the other day he had been so confused about what to wear, I had told him to dress casually, and not stress too much about it, he was dressed in black oversized t-shirt and some black trousers.

"You ready?" I asked and he nodded slightly. I checked my wrist, and five minutes had passed long ago so basically we were late.

I turned around to quickly, resulting my hand to brush on top of his. Wow, his hands are freezing. I immediately snapped my head towards him while he flinched.

"Aigoo, why are you so nervous? I told you right? Everything will be fine. Just trust me with this, mn?" He nods at me and I see him smile slightly.

"But.... aren't we late, I'm sorry that we are late-"

"Did I ask for an apology?" I asked as he muttered a 'no'. "Good."

Hwang Hyunjin seriously needs to stop thinking everything terrible in this world is his fault just because Jay Why Pee made him feel like that or else I'll get him killed and then it'll actually be his fault.

.
.

.
.

.
.

.
.

I pulled out the chair and it creaked against the floor taking people's attention as flashes greeted us.

The microphone attached to our table was switched on and I was glad that I had reminded Seo Jin that there should be three chairs in place of two. Seo Jin has a weird habit of standing but thanks to my suggestion, he sat beside me, as stiff as ever, on my left and on my right was Hyunjin, fiddling with his hands.

A reporter stands up as soon as we arrived and the another microphone is given to him. "Miss Ji Yung, you are 20 minutes late, don't you think it's kinda rude to call us up earlier and arrive late?"

Wow, boy has some nerve.

"Yes, first of all, Annyeonghaseyo." I smiled at him fakely and say, "greeting people as you meet them is some basic manners right? Right. Talk about being rude." I roll my eyes and say again. "Besides, we have a lot of work to do besides attending a meeting with a group of people from some company which is only interested in snooping around idol's private life. And we told you to arrive at 8am, while some of you arrived at 7:45. We STILL let you in so.......No, I don't think it's kinda rude. " I imitate his voice and he sits down quietly.

"No no, keep standing." He stands up again. I recognised this guy from News18 entertainment as I had memorised the IDs of the reporters coming, last night roughly. "Please introduce yourself to the camera."

I point him out to the camera and he hesistantly says. "I'm Ji-"

"No, not your name. This is not a High School kdrama and we're not interested. The company you're representing." I cut him off and he nods, looking at the camera.

"I'm from News18 entertainment television."

"Ah," I hum, looking at Hyunjin who has been silently listening to the conversation. It's important to indulge him in this, rather than to make him just watch us. He probably feels a bit out of place without the other members.

"Hyunjin-ssi, do you remember this company?" With the mention of his name he looks at me and shakes his head, denying it.

Obviously he doesn't.

"Seo Jin-ah, would you mind?" I nodded at him to give the explanation.

"News 18 Entertainment company, posted an article on Tuesday, titled-
Hwang Hyunjin's Bullying and Sexual Harrasment case is the Doom of Stray Kids. In that they had falsely accused Mr. Hyunjin on the basis of some rumours that have been going on, with the word 'rumours' mentioned no where in the article. We had then, talked to the CEO, claiming falsely spread news and he had withdrawn it because he didn't want us to file a lawsuit against them."

"So that's the whole story about what happened to the company who tried to spread weird news about the member in our company. Please learn your lesson from this story and think twice before uploading any bullshit about our idols." Hyunjin's eyes widened slightly at my words, as he glances at me.

"Miss Ji Yung, you are from PURE right? Then why are you representing JYPE's idols?" A girl, in her 20s asked in a soft voice.

"Because, PURE, has undertaken Stray Kids. All of the JYPE's idols are theirs, although there is an exception of Stray Kids. PURE Company has undertaken Stray Kids by mutual agreement with JYPE."

"Also, we'd like to withdraw the official apology letter by Hyunjin, because there's no reason for him to apologise, we apologised for the sake of not making things complicated but since it's already complicated, we are withdrawing his letter. Any accounts claiming to be a victim will be verified by our cyber security bureau and if it turns out to be a fake person, just asking for attention, very strict action will be taken against them and the latter will have to come to court. And about the bullying rumours, PURE will investigate the matter and take the statements of the students who studied with Hyunjin in the same year, in his school."

"Also, to the reporters present here. I really respect your job but I would like to request you to please not spread any false or unconfirmed news about our idols, it affects their career and mental health hugely." I finished.

"Yes, one more question." A girl stands up from her seat and smirked at me.

Shin Min Ah. I smirk back.

I knew she was going to come here, to surprise me, she wanted to see my face while I get shocked as my bestie disguised as a fake reporter shows up at the press conference I have organised for the idol in my entertainment company.

"Miss Ji Yung, you're so beautiful yourself and now you have undertaken Stray Kids. How do we believe that you'll not seduce any of the members or Hyunjin-ssi into dating you?" She asked.

This bi-

I inhaled a deep breath. "Hyunjin-ssi, is not my type. And I don't date my idols, atleast till now I haven't. And that's enough. We wrap it up here. We promised you 30 minutes but 45 minutes have passed. Please excuse us now."

I get up first followed by Hyunjin and Seo Jin behind me as we leave the room and the security guards make the crowd disappear.

______________________

I could update for two days cause yea I was a bit busy attending a family gathering, but the rainstorm today made my mood!!

Hope you liked today's chapter and PLEASE VOTE COMMENT AND SUPPORT THIS BOOK!! HAPPY READING!! 💕🥺❤️💓🧡💙💞💜💖💚💕💗