9.

When slowly entered in the kitchen, was a bit messed up for Mary's standard but she was quicly tiding up. I sat on a chair, the radio was playing soft music and i looked at our board, filled up whit appointments and time schedules, the small board nearby for the grocery list and a chalck attached to it. Then i looked away in the direction of the small portable radio that seemed like coming out directly from the 70s. Near it there was a wood board, that was Mary's board she took it everywhere, never forgot about it. on the bottom part just useful stuff like the list of our phone numbers, a couple of paper whit some notes but the upper-middle part has always been fascinating for me. Was covered whit some picture, never asked about that, some in black and white and some others in colors, i recognize 2 family photo, one was taken in Utah like 6 years ago, i was 10 i remember that day, we had so much fun. And the other one was from last year First day of high school of the triplets. And then i noticed there was a new one, also from the last year but the difference between that one and the others was that Mary was there, she was in the middle and we all smiled whit her. The other picture were from other people and Families.

Mary turned around "oh good Lord Mr. Edward you scared me, i haven't heard you come in"

"Sorry Mary, Are you Busy?"

"No" 

"Can we talk" and i made a soft smile.

"Yes of course!" she went to the kitchen door and locked it.

"you have added a new Picture" i gestured, 

"yes, was too nice for keep it in a drawer" 

"and the other picture?"

"Those were the other families that i've worked Mr."

and she went closer to the board and gestured to me to go near her.

"This were the Winter, i spent whit them 10 years, this was Mike and this was Hanna, he was so quite Mr. Edward, more then you and her the opposite a hurricane " chuckled her. "the Mother Mrs. Winter was super strict and i perfectly remember that she never wanted that " and laughed softly "that i folded the towels more then twice or the clothes of the kids must be ironed two times before put them in the closets" was still laughing. I shily pointed to a black and white photo on the top, where a lady was waiting near a door in a black dress, "That was my mom, the day of my dad's funeral" i turned to her, in someway she always seemed to be able to read my thoughts.

"he died a couple of years after he came back from the war, Mom and died when i was 21, Pneumonia."

"and you?"

"i'm not die Mr. Edward " smiled her, "no i mean.."

"i stayed whit an old aunt for a year then i started to work for my first family the Smithe, they had a beautiful house in the middle of a park near Bath and three children i spend 15 years whit them, and their housekeeper hated me for the whole 15 years i spent there. Because the kids where scared by her and affectionate to me. But she was a scary Lady always grumpy." smiled her, like if she was in those moments again.

The other family was whit an only child and i pointed at them like a kid, "the Bruce's my first American family, they were close friend whit the Smithe and when they discovered that i was looking for a job they immediately asked to me. Their kid, Caleb, was really sweet i spend whit them just six years. They moved to Australia, when they asked me if i wanted to move there whit them i declined" i looked at her. "Caleb was 16, your age, and he confessed me one day that he ready to be alone at home. His parents were never at home. My heart brocked when he told me that but i respected his choice." moment of pause "said then that other children should have the possibily and the honor to grow up whit Me",