8. Suspicious

[ 8 ]

The trio were now back at the bar for more investigation. They had arrived a little earlier today on taehyun's request saying he wanted to show them someone.

They thought it's better to spend more time at bar and observe yeonjun's behaviour. They don't necessarily have to befriend yeonjun to protect him, they can just keep an eye on him from afar.

They settled down on the main bar and taehyun ordered a drink for himself as he gave the other two bottles of blood he had brought with him.

The bartender this time wasn't yeonjun cause his shift hadn't started yet. It was a male their height, brown hair, small eyes, small face and perfect visuals. The only weird thing was that he was staring at them as if inspecting them with his eyes.

This went on for half an hour. Usually soobin would be able to easily ignore weied stares but this guy was making him really uncomfortable so he spoke up.

"what is your problem?"

The stranger completely ignored soobin's questions and asked his own
"why are you here? Who are you and what are you trying to do"

"what" the cousins have never been this confused.

"oh don't act clueless I know you people are upto something I swear of you try anything" the two vampires looked at taehyun expecting an answer to their confusion

"choi beomgyu, 19, been yeonjun's friend since high school, half blood, mother's human, father was a vampire"

"How the fuck-" now it was beomgyu who was confused, mostly shocked at the potential stalker on front of him.

"so you're a daywalker. In my 134 years of life I have never come across a daywalker nice to meet you" kai extended his hand towards beomgyu but beomgyu just yanked it away.

"What the fuck answer my fucking question what the hell are you poeple upto and how do you know so much about me?"

"we're simply here to help your friend and I know so much about you because... actually i have no answer to that" taehyun said, keeping his eyes on his drink.

"help my friend?" beomgyu scoffed "like I can believe you"

"well you see this guy right here" Kai pointed towards soobin who has been quiet since they came here "his parents gave up their lives for a golden blood"

"and why are you telling me this?"

"because we want you to trust us, we need all the help we can get to save your friend. This is after all a serious matter" Kai added

Beomgyu sighed before agreeing "fine I'll help"

"great, we can work on a plan to keep the coven away" Kai said with enthusiasm.

"the coven already knows" beomgyu muttered while looking down.

"Don't fuck with me" soobin was shocked. It's impossible. They would've known if anyone else came here.

"I'm serious. At first I thought I was just being paranoid but before coming here tonight I saw a few vampires from the coven."

"are you sure they're from the coven" even taehyun started to grow worried

"I saw the mark"

All vampires of the coven had a mark tattooed on their wrists. It was how normal vampires were distinguished from the coven. It's how they knew who to keep the golden bloods and normal humans away from.

The early vampires had greedy intentions to begin with. For them siding with humans was never an option. And those who did defy the rules were cursed to death.

Over time more people started question the vampire's cruelty and slowly the number of vampires not wanting to harm humans because equal to the vampires wanting to cause harm.

That is how the coven was formed. The vampires who wanted to stay were welcomed and the rest were allowed to do whatever they pleased.

Soobin's parents at that time decided to do their best on bringing good to the world. They always managed to stop the coven from taking the lives of innocent golden bloods.

The coven was greedy for golden blood and they saw the two as the only hurdle in their path. So they decided to get rid of them.

That was the day soobin lost his happiness. Young soobin didn't know what his mother meant when she told him to run away. To him it was just a simple game of hide and seek that turn into a pool of blood.

"okay this is bad" taehyun was slightly panicked. The warlock had heard stories about the coven and how ruthless they were. He was more than happy to help when Kai asked him to keep an eye on yeonjun. He doesn't want to know what the coven is gonna do to yeonjun if they find him.

"we need to tell him" soobin said

"No fucking way" beomgyu was obviously the first and only to object.

"No he's right. It's his life that's at stake we need to tell him" Kai added

"we can only help him if he knows" now it was three against one.

Beomgyu sighed. He knew they were right. Yeonjun needed to know. He had the right to know.

"i dont have the courage to tell him" his eyes glistened as he thought of losing his best friend.

Initially he only approached yeonjun because he knew the latter was a golden blood. But as time passed he grew attached to yeonjun. They became inseparable.

Many students admired their friendship, while many were jealous as well. But the two spend their high school years together with each precious memory still fresh in their head and heart.

"I'm sorry beomgyu but you're the only one he'll believe" kai looked at him apologetically.

Beomgyu nodded as he held back his tears.

______

I feel like this is all going a little too fast.