13. One Step Closer

[ 13 ]

The next day, the five, mostly Kai, had planned on meeting up to get to know each other better.

The first option was yeonjun's apartment but they had already been there. The second was beomgyu who lives with his mother so that was a big no.

Taehyun said he hadn't cleaned up his house for the last two months since he was never home so the others quickly moved to kai who has been determined on keeping his apartment a secret. Why? No one knows.

So now they were all settled in the living room of soobin's apartment, which is apparently right below yeonjun's apartment, with snacks and drink scattered in front of them and soobin and kai with the blood taehyun had brought for them.

"do you drink this shit" yeonjun asked beomgyu, disgusted by the light smell of blood coming from the bottles.

"sometimes" beomgyu stopped drinking his juice to look at yeonjun.

"alright this is getting boring" Kai groaned

They had already found out a lot about each other. Yeonjun came to know about the cousins' pasts and how they met Kang taehyun, a warlock, only a few days ago.

The trio now also know alot about beomgyu and yeonjun and their long lasting friendship. The two are closer than kai and soobin could have ever been in more than 100 years. But of course the cousins still love each other and they've been with each other through thick and thin.

During this time yeonjun also found out about his grandfather. He was confused as to why his mother never told him but figured it might be a sensitive topic and it's best if beomgyu tells him.

"this was your idea what do you want us to do" taehyun glared at kai making yeonjun laugh a little.

Since they've been here, everytime yeonjun smiles or laughs, soobin would have the urge to pull his cheeks.

"let's hang out" Kai suggested

"I'm down"
"yeah sure"
"okay"
"let's go"

[ § ]

"definitely single"

"nah taken"

"How"

Before this interesting conversation, the five had gone to the movies to watch a nice movie. After that they went to Starbucks. There they exchanged numbers with everyone who didn't have the other person's number.

And now they were all sitting on a bench in a random park, with all their drinks in their hands, it's a wonder how all five people with an average height of six feet managed to sit on a three seater bench without breaking it.

Somewhere in the middle of their peaceful time they started to assume which people in the park are single and which are taken.

"it's the bracelet I'm telling you"

"or it could be the Gucci bag"

"nah that's all show off"

"finally someone agrees with me"

"why are we doing this again"

"why not"

"is it just me or are all those weird people looking at us" yeonjun said looking at a few different people surrounding them

"shit they're vampires" replied soobin noticing them too

"How long have they been staring" asked kai

"been a while now" yeonjun replied

"and you decided to speak up now" taehyun hissed as if yeonjun was the stupidest human being to ever exist.

"okay split up now. You two-" beomgyu pointed at soobin and yeonjun "-go that way while we'll go this way. Let's see who they follow"

They all nodded and acted completely normal for a few minutes. Then just casually bid goodbye to each other and walked different ways.

The atmosphere between soobin and yeonjun would've been awkward if it wasn't for the amount of tension and anxiety about their new stalkers.

After a while of walking the two settled down on another bench outside an antique shop.

"you seem like the quite type" said yeonjun trying to start a conversation.

"I prefer silence" that's it. That was enough to make yeonjun stop trying.

Yeonjun would be lying if he didn't notice soobin often staring at him. Everytime he thinks he did something to piss the latter off but that's not the case.

Soobin leaned back and closed his eyes as he rested his head on the wall. He started thinking about the times he looked at yeonjun.

"he has a nice face. Fox like eyes, milky skin, a mole under his eye, looks really cute, and those soft plump lips I could even kiss- wait what"

"I like him?!!? Like him, a golden blood?" realization hits.

"wait I'M GAY?" after 136 years of being born soobin finally realizes that he is indeed not straight, well not anymore at least.

"there's no way I like him" soobin looked at yeonjun who was now in the same position as soobin was before "but he's just so... Likeable"

He unconsciously smiled. But his excitement came to an end when he heard voices from afar.

"fuck they're coming"

Yeonjun heard that and he got up to open the door to the shop

"it's locked"

Soobin grabbed yeonjun's hand and led him into an alley behind the shop. The voices had gotten louder indication the vampires were close.

The was a big dumpster in the alley and soobin noticed a small space beside it. The space was enough to fit the two of them.

The quickly got in and adjusted themselves comfortably, soobin still holding yeonjun's hand.

Yeonjun's blood ran cold as he heard loud voices coming from the alley and footsteps grew closer.

"is this really the day I die"

Judging from soobin's grip tightening on yeonjun's hands, soobin must have noticed that yeonjun was scared.

"I thought you said they came here"

"they did, I saw them"

"I swear the day I get a taste of that blood-" the day soobin hopes will never come.

"shut up and get back to looking for him"

Both yeonjun and soobin let out breaths they were holding when they no longer heard voices or footsteps.

"they're gone" yeonjun said and looked down on soobin's hand holding his  "you can let go now"

"soob-" yeonjun was cut of when he felt soobin's lips on his. Yeonjun didn't know how to react but soobin's lips tasted so sweet that he couldn't help but kiss back