27. What's Going On?

[ 27 ]

"what's going on?"

"you guys don't know?" sunghoon asked the rest "we're celebrating"

"celebrating what?" Kai asked. Sunghoon gave off a friendly vibe the first time they met so it was easy for Kai to trust him

"hyunsoo's death"

"who's hyunsoo?" taehyun asked

"the guy you two killed" sunghoon pointed at Kai and beomgyu.

"and how does that call for a celebration?" yeonjun was confused

"not everyone who worked under hyunsoo did it with their consent" the people behind sunghoon had started speaking

"many of us were blackmailed into being a part of the coven"

"you guys basically freed us" one of the guys pointed towards the crowd "all of us"

"oh wow" soobin looked at the vampires. Eacch one of them had a huge smile on their face, a genuine smile.

It made him feel good how his friends are the reason for those smiles. He was proud. Now he knows how his parents felt while helping people.

Soobin was broken out of his trance when he felt yeonjun tighten his grip around his hand.

He looked at yeonjun to see him smiling as each one of the vampires started bowing 90 degrees to kai and beomgyu.

The three friends looked at each other and shrug before dramatically bowing to the pair that looked overwhelmed at the amount of respect they were receiving.

"you guys don't have to do this, it's seriously not a big deal" Kai looked a little flustered.

"it might not be to you but it means a lot to us, we cannot thank you enough for what you've done"

"we dealt with constant violence for years, we were forced to kill against our own will"

"well I hope hyunsoo rots in the deepest corners of hell" yeonjun suddenly says. I get why it's coming from him.

"oh i almost forgot, these are my friends" sunghoon pointed to the people behind him "heeseung, sunoo, jake, jay, jungwon and-" he was cut of by yeonjun.

"NIKI?"

"hey hyung" Niki just nervously laughed.

To say that yeonjun was shocked was an understatement. What the hell was riki even doing here.

"you guys know each other?" asked jay who was the only one that hadn't spoken a word so far.

"he's the tutor I told you guys about"

Everyone was silent, well almost everyone. At the corner of this crowd of 12, beomgyu was laughing like he had never seen anything funnier.

"why the hell are you laughing?" Kai hissed

"I don't know it's just funny"

"but how" yeonjun was till recovering from the shock.

"wait that means you were a part of the coven and you knew yeonjun was..." soobin trailed off

"I knew yeonjun is a golden blood but I was never part of the coven"

The five were confused. If riki wasn't part of the coven then why is he out here celebrating with people that he shouldn't even know.

"niki and I meet these five two years ago outside our school, they told us about their situation with the coven and we just sort of grew close together" jungwon explained sensing their confusion.

"but we never saw anyone from the coven here?" kai said

"oh we were here since the beginning. Way before you guys, we were told to keep an eye on your friend here until the blood moon" said heeseung

"but right before the blood moon, you guys showed up and I guess hyunsoo just grew impatient" sunoo continued.

A shiver ran down yeonjun's spine. This means wherever he went, poeple were always watching him and he never realised.

He saw soobin give him a reassuring smile. That's right. It's over now and there's nothing to worry about. He should focus on the present.

"well it was nice meeting you but we should get going, we were all about to head home anyway" Jake said trying to get out of the situation that slowly becoming awkward.

They all bid each other good bye with bright smiles on their faces. The five continued their journey back to the apartment complex.

"now that I think of it, it was kinda funny" taehyun stated out of the blue.

They all glanced at each other before bursting into a fit of laughter.

______

Help I had completely forgotten riki was yeonjun's student so when sunghoon was introducing his friends i was like 'I've mentioned riki in one of my fics before'. And the moment I realised I made this scene otherwise I had no idea what to do with this chapter.

Also fuck bighit for treating txt like shit.