9. Choi Yeoreum

[ 9 ]

The noise of heels meeting the ground echoed throught the hospital as a lady walked towards the reception.

"Hi are visiting hours still open?"

"Yes ma'am who are you here to visit?" the receptionist politely asked.

"choi chaerin"

"relation"

"she's a friend"

"your name please"

"choi yeoreum"

"please sign here ma'am" she handed her a paper and pen "patient choi chaerin is in room 304"

"thank you. I wanted to ask why Yuna isn't here today" the woman, yeoreum, hesitantly asked

"oh she called in sick today. Do you perhaps know her?"

"oh I visit often and she's the only one I've talked to here" yeoreum glanced at the box in his hands before handing it to the receptionist "well this was originally meant for her but you seem like a nice little lady yourself so"

"oh no ma'am I can't have this" the girl politely refused.

"No please I insist. Besides everyone tells me I make amazing dumplings"

Since the nice lady was insisting the polite girl to take the dumpling she eventually ended up taking it with a million 'thank yous'

Yeoreum then walked towards the room her old friend is supposed to be in. Last time she came here was a month ago

She's been so busy with work that she hasn't been able to visit her friend at all. This time, her visit isn't just about them.

She knocked on the door and entered. To her surprise the room was empty. She was about to call out her name when the bathroom door opened and a figure appeared.

"yeoreum?" the woman said surprised and went on for a hug.

"How are you?" she asked as she returned the hug.

"I've been great actually. Yeonjun visits me more often and beomgyu does too"

"I brought you dumplings"

"you didn't have to, you just sent them the other day"

"so beomgyu did give them to you i thought the brat ate them himself"

"How have you two been doing? Things are fine right?"

Yeoreum knew what chaerin was talking about. Back when yeoreum was newly married, her husband faced heavy criticism from the coven for marrying a human

Their life was hard, especially with a child to take care of, things were not easy. That is when beomgyu's father decided to give in to the vampire's demands and join the coven so that they would leave his family alone.

"we're doing well, but I didn't come to talk about us today" Chaerin frowned

"beomgyu thinks they know"

"How?" the patient's face turned pale at that remark

"he called my yesterday, told me he saw someone talking about yeonjun. Someone from the coven"

Yeonjun's mother was at a loss of words "no no no this can't be happening again"

She can't let anything happen to yeonjun. She had to let her father go because of that damn coven, she can't let yeonjun go through the same.

"hey" yeoreum noticed her friend's panicked state "everything's gonna be fine, gyu told me he found a few more people to help and they're on their way to yeonjun's right now so we don't have to worry. His friends will keep him safe."

Chaerin didn't say anything and just nodded, hoping that her son stays safe where ever he is.

______

Just a little filler chapter.