01 New Coach

I'm sitting on the sofa watching TV when the phone starts ringing. "Hello?"

"Hello, is this Delilah Bombay?"

"Speaking."

"I'm Officer Johnson. I'm afraid to inform you that your father - Gordon Bombay - was arrested for drink driving about an hour ago. He's gonna be held in one of our cells until his hearing tomorrow."

I sigh, "Okay thank you."

"Have nice night, sweetheart."

"Yeah, you too, Officer." I hang up the phone. What am I gonna do?

I think for a few minutes before deciding to ring one of my friends. "Hello?"

"Hello, who is this?"

"Mrs Germaine, its me Delilah."

"Oh, hello Delilah. Are you alright?"

"Um, I'm fine its just my d- Can I stay over tonight?"

"Of course honey, you know you can stay whenever. Do you want me to come pick you up?"

"Yes please."

"Okay honey, I'll be there in ten."

"Thank you."

"Guy, set up Delilah's bed!" , "See you in a minute."

"Bye Mrs Germaine." I hang up the the phone and head to my room to pack my bag for the night.

<^>

The next day...

"Circling around the net, Bombay sees an open opportunity." I narrate as the team and I mess around on the pond, waiting for our new coach. "She cuts across Goldberg, in between his legs. She shoots," I hit the puck into the net. "She scores!"

"And crowd goes wild!" Connie cheers.

"Yeah!" Guy cheers skating up to us.

"Thanks guys!" I smile at them.

"Oh Dee, are you staying with me tonight?" Connie asks.

The team know that me and my father don't get along and that I don't like staying home most nights, so after a few weeks of getting to know everyone they started offering me to stay at their house. Its become sort of routine for me to go to one of their houses at least once a week.

"Um, if its alright with your parents." I nod. "I don't know if my dad's out his holding cell, yet."

"Oh okay. And yeah my parents are cool with it." She smiles.

"Yo, you three wanna run some drills?" Terry Hall calls from across the pond.

"Sure!" We reply.

<^>

After a while of running drills, I look up from the ice to see the team smirking at me. "What?"

Before any of them could answer, I'm tackled to the ground in a group hug. I roll on my back and see Averman, Karp, Peter and Charlie smiling widely at me. "You douche bags!" I smile and we all laugh.

"Come on pee-brains lets practise!" Jesse Hall laughs.

"Who you calling pee-brain, Hall?" I shout to him.

"Pee-brains and Delilah." Jesse corrects.

"That's what I thought." I stand up and we do our small handshake.