02 Hawks Game

"Hawks! Hawks! Hawks!"

Our rivals' chanting filled the rink as our team sat in our box gazing at them. Connie sat on the floor between my legs as I french braid her hair. 

I look up and see Larson and McGill skating up to us. "What do those two boso's want?"

"Hi girls!" Larson taunts, resulting in Karp chucking his gloves and lunging forward at the hawk.

I finish off Connie's braid and tell her she can get up, I also stand up and walk over to the boys.

"Get a life you pigeon!" I growl at the boys and they skate away. "Chill Karp, you'll just end up getting your ass kicked or thrown out the game."

"Whatever." Karp mutters, shoving the boys hands away and sulking off to the sit on the bench.

<^>

"Win! Win! Win!"

The Hawks and their supporters in  the stands chant and bang their sticks on the floor, whilst District-Five just watch in boredom. 

"Alright guys, gather round. Come on, come on." Bombay beckons us over to him. "Win. Win. Win!"

We all look around at each other, confused. What the hell is he doing? Some of the boys start to join in but are not in sync at all. 

"Yeah, we're fired up!" Coach says sarcastically.

<^>

District Five skates up our end and we all hit Goldberg's pads. 

Charlie was the last to skate past him and he was a little too rough when hitting Goldberg's pads and ended up knocking him down.

"Nice goin' fool!" Goldberg groans.

"Sorry I didn't mean to do that." Charlie apologises. Goldberg doesn't believe him and Charlie starts to gently hit Goldberg with his stick. 

"Guys, come on!" Guy groans, trying to stop our squabbling friends.

"Dee please do something?" Peter asks with his head in his hands. I roll my eyes, hop out the box and skate over to Goldberg and Charlie.

"Hey, hey. Hey!" They both look at me, alarmed. "Quit it! We don't have to be anymore humiliated then we're gonna be after this game. So, let's go!"

"Alright." They agree and me and Charlie skate back over to the team, leaving Goldberg to struggle to his feet.

<^>

I skate up to centre and get ready for the face off when I hear my name being called. "Delilah! Bombay get over here!"

I huff and skate over to the box. "What, coach?"

"You're not taking the face off. Guy go in." Gordon pats Guy's back and sends him out on the ice. 

"What?! Are you kidding me?!" I ask.

"Does it look like I'm joking?" Bombay has a stone-cold face.

"We're gonna be whipped! Delilah always takes the face-offs because everyone is scared off her." Connie states.

"Well, I'm coach. I decide." 

"So what, are you gonna make me sit out the whole game?" I ask him, angrily.

"You better drop that attitude kid!" He points at me.

"She's the best on the team!" Peter exclaims.

"I don't care! Everyone sit!" He demands.