04 Dinner with a Douche

"God, I'm so embarrassed..." I groan and rest my head on Guy's shoulder, closing my eyes. 

"Mhm." He hums in agreement, resting his head on top of mine. We both simultaneously wince as we see Goldberg take a fall when a Jet player shoots the puck and scores at him.

A little while later everyone comes back in off the ice, signifying the end of second period.

"Goldberg." Coach groans.

"What!?"

"You don't take the fall while they're shooting at you." He shakes his head.

"Oh, well I guess you didn't explain that very well then, did ya?" Goldberg fires back.

"District-Five cut the acting class." The Ref skates up to our box. "One more dive, and I forfeit you to the Jets."

"What?" Coach scoffs, "I'm insulted by that!"

<^>

I'm chasing the puck after a Jet stole it from me. I get it back and pass it to Charlie who is soon cornered by two Jets and they fight for the puck. 

The Ref blows his whistle and both teams back off the puck. "Face-Off! Let's go!"

"Charlie!" Coach calls him over to the bench as I get in position. 

After a minute of them talking, Charlie gets in position and the puck is dropped. I fight for it and win, and pass it to Guy.

Guy passes it to Charlie who is soon cornered by the same two Jets. 

"That's it Charlie!" Gordon calls to the struggling boy. Bombay asked him to cheat!

"Char!" I skate in front of him and he subtly passes me the puck before fully being checked into the boards.

"Dammit Charlie!" Bombay shouts.

I skate down the ice, onto the Jets side and up to the goal. I shoot and.... score! The sound of the buzzer rings throughout the rink signally the end of third period and the game.

<^>

"We can't even win when we cheat!"

"Stupid cake-eater tricks!" Jesse exclaims as we enter the locker room and he throws his helmet on the floor.

"That was embarrassing!" Me and Connie say in sync.

"Charlie! What the hell is the matter with you?! When I tell you to do something you do it! You got it?!" Bombay yells. "Look at me." Charlie lifts his head. "You got it?"

"You can't make me cheat." Charlie huffs throwing his equipment and storming out.

Mr Hall walks in, "Terry, Jesse. Lets go." The brothers get up at their fathers demand. "This is what I gave up my overtime pay for? To see my kids takin' falls?"

Mr Hall shakes his head and Gordon and follows his sons out the locker room.

Karp angrily throws his gloves on the floor, soon everyone takes off their pads and gets changed. 

I'm the first one done so I walk over to Guy and tell him, "Hey, I think I'm gonna stay with Charlie tonight. Make sure he's alright."

"Are you alright?" Guy asks, putting his pads down to look at me.

"I'm always alright." I half smile at him.

"Sure." He rolls his eyes with a small smile before gently placing a kiss on my forehead, an action we've done for as long as I can remember.