13 The Truth and The Championships

"What a game so far Ladies and Gentlemen! The Ducks and the Cardinals!"

"Cardinals with it in the own zone, tryin' to clear it out! Pass to blue line, intercepted by the Ducks! Here's their star duo, Adam Banks and Delilah Bombay! Banks and Bombay have great speed! Right down the middle passing back and forth between them! Banks goes around one man with a great move! Bombay checks another defender giving Banks enough time to shoot and... score!"

"Bombay soars down the centre of the ice, Reed and Hall assisting her back, knocking down players tryin' to get in her way! She shoots and... She scores!"

"Ducks with it again! Here's Averman, now getting it over to Banks! Germaine is right in slot! Germaine with it! He shoots, he scores! Germaine put it off the goaltender's glove into the net!"

"And that does it! The Ducks have won! Can you believe it? 4-2 , and now the Ducks get set to face the Hawks in the state finals."

<^>

The Ducks jump around the locker room, spraying cans of coke all over each other. I die of laughter when I shake a can and spray it directly in Guy, Charlie and Adam's faces. 

"Suckers!" I laugh.

"Delilah!" They shout and I laugh harder.

The three of them lunge forward at me but I quickly run away with them hot on my tail. I run past Louis just has he dumps the cooler filled with ice and water over Bombay and due to the boys chasing me, they got hit as well.

Suddenly, arms are wrapped around my waist from behind, I look behind me and see Adam smirking. I raise an eyebrow and he tells me to look forward, when I do I see Guy and Charlie standing in front of me with a cup in each of their hands. 

"No, no. No!" I wriggle in Adam grip but it doesn't loosen. The two boys in front of me dump the cup on top of me. "Guys!"

Then they shake their heads like two dogs, splashing me with the water from their hair.

The three of them laugh at my offended look, Guy and Charlie high-five but Adam stills holds my waist.

<^>

"Hey Gordo! Do you wanna come night skating with me?" I offer my dad as I walk in the living room where he's watching TV.

"Sure thing Delly! Let me go get my skates." He smiles and jogs up stairs.

<^>

Me and my dad skated around the lake for hours, getting to know each other and messing around.

<^>

Me and Adam are walking around town with take-out milkshakes from Mickey's when Larson and McGill stop us. "Well if it isn't little Banksie and my favourite punching bag."

"Back off, Aiden." Adam tells him, grabbing my wrist and trying to move around them but McGill steps in front of him.

"Can't you just take a hint and piss off?" I squint at him.

"Aww aren't you two cute!" McGill teases.

"Just tell us what you want Aiden." Adam demands, bored.

"I just wanted to remind you of your little deal with coach." What deal?

"What deal?" I ask switching my gaze between Adam and McGill.

"Shut up, McGill." Adam says through gritted teeth.