14 Goodbye

A few days later and its time to say goodbye to my dad who's trying out for the Minor League Club. The whole team gathered at the bus stop for his send off. 

Bombay made his way along the line of Ducks.

"Don't take any bad dives okay?" Peter advises.

Then Jesse, "Just remember. Keep your head up, man."

Then Adam, "Cake-eater."

Then Fulton, "Remember, concentration not strength."

Then Averman, "And for god's sake, Soft hands."

"Right." Coach laughs. "Anything else?"

"Yeah have fun out there coach." Charlie hugs him.

"And don't be a douche." I hug him after. "I'll miss you dad."

"I'll miss you too Delly." He pulls away with a smile on his face.

"I must be crazy. A tryout with the minors." My dad shakes his head. "I'm gonna be goin' up against kids half my age."

"Just have a good tryout Gordon." Ms Conway smiles. "One step at a time."

"Yeah, you're right." All of a sudden, he pulls her in for a kiss. 

"Holy shit!" I exclaim and look at Charlie who has the same expression on his face whilst everyone cheers around us.

"Banks is the next in line to get some action!" Peter yells and pushes me towards Adam, who catches me before I fall.

"Um, thanks." I shyly smile.

"No problem." He returns it, but keeps his arms around me. 

My dad stands at the door of the bus. "Hey Ducks! No matter what happens, I'll see you next season! We got a title to defend!"

"Yeah!" We cheer and watch as the bus drives away.

"Hey Lilah, do you wanna go for that milkshake now?" Adam offers and I nod.

<^>

Me and Adam are sitting in what has become our signature booth in Mickey's when Ms Conway comes over to us. "What can I getcha?"

"A vanilla shake and a chocolate shake please." Adam requests.

"Anything else?" She asks.

"Yeah, a job." I smile.

To Be Continued...