Chapter 6: Get To Know Me

"Oh I was waiting for you to ask!" She crawled off the bed and sat in her chair. Then she booted up her PC, "so who do you play with? Like Isaiah and Asher? I assume Jessica doesn't play with you."

Keeping her attention to the PC she still spoke to me, "well actually I just do randoms, I haven't told Isaiah or Asher that I play video games. They would probably make fun of me for the rest of my life." She chuckled, "I don't know, maybe it's not what a girls supposed to be doing."

I looked at her confused, "what do you mean? You can do anything you want." I assured her.

"I guess, bit it's no big deal anyway. I mean we're still good friends! And that shouldn't ruin it." She smiled.

There was an awaked silence for the moment, "So, what do you guys do when you hang out? Like do you guys go out to eat or something..? Maybe the park?"

She looked down trying to seek deeper in her thoughts, "actually, we don't really hang out." She looked up at me as if she never realized it. "The last time we probably hung out was freshman year. The only times we really see each other out of school is when we're at parties."

"W-Well that's fun!..I think.."

"What do you mean you think?" She giggled aloud finding humor in my words.

"Well yeah, I've never been to a party so I don't know."

"Trust me, you don't wanna go. It's basically just people hitting on each other then going upstairs to have sex, seeing who can chug a beer the fastest, playing games that involve alcohol, and dancing to loud music. It's literally the definition of high school parties, or at least the ones I've been too."

"Oh.. yeah that's definitely not me." I chuckled nervously."

"Honestly, me neither. I've went to parties with my friends before and my friends just leave me. It's pretty awkward too, I feel like I'm the only odd one out, but I get invited to play all sorts of games there though."

"Well that's no fun, not for me at least. I'd rather be home laying in bed with bimbus my dog, and playing video games."

"That's my typical night." She smiled brightly.

I spent the next few hours of my day at her house, and we shared this odd connection. Usually I cannot talk to people whatsoever, I always find myself stumbling upon my words and I need a few months to get used to them, but with Raechel I felt like if she were Micheal or Toast. I talked to her flawlessly, and it was practically as if I lived there for the moment. I mean, it wasn't even tutoring, it was more of us just hanging out! I gave her a few tips on Valorant and watched her play for a while, we were teasing each other, and we even watched a movie. I mean, I don't know, can I call her a friend?
-
It was already about to around 6 o' clock, and Rae and I found ourselves in her kitchen throwing our popcorn bag away, that we had shared during the movie. Then suddenly the thought of yesterday popped into my head, I glanced over to Rae and hesitantly spoke, "Hey um.. if you don't mind me asking, what happened yesterday? You know, with your mom?" She peeked behind her shoulder and I could see it all in her face, "a-actually its fine!- M-my bad.." I said scratching my head, I could feel my face growing hot. She sighed like if she were holding herself back, "Well, will you tell anyone..?" My eyes widened, and the light shimmered in my eyes, is she opening up to me..?

"No! I-I would never, I wouldn't want anyone to know my business."

She dropped off the counter-top she was seated on, "well you know it was hard for me. My mom and dad usually fought when I was younger, I think I was around age 8 or 9, and they would normally argue. I realized it was going on for a while, but nothing really thought anything about it until my mom told me she was gonna divorce my dad. I was so confused because I thought it was normal to argue that much, but after they divorced, my mom explained to me that she tried to hold onto the relationship for me, but my father just wanted a new life not including my mom and I. Once they divorced I had just turned 10, and it was hard for me. I knew now that my dad was the one in the wrong. My mom and I still don't have a great relationship, but I was daddy's little girl. I would never run straight to my mother about so something, it was always my dad ever since I was just a baby." She smiled, but then it slowly faded into a frown, "but I don't understand, we shared so many healthy and fun moments together, why would he wanna leave me..? Was I not enough? What about all the special moments we shared?" Her voice cracked, and she broke eye contact with me. "Were they even special?.." She sniffled and I could see water fill her eyes, "I'm sorry," she smiled, trying to hide her emotions, "This is embarrassing.-" I didn't even have to think, I just walked up to her and hugged her, I leaned over her, and lied my face in her hair. I could feel her arms wrap around my back, and I moved my hand up to the back of her head, just hoping I was helping. I usually never did good in these situations.
"I'm sorry you had to go through that." I said as we parted.