Chapter 20: My Love

Thomas pov

"Oh, guess what time it is?" I rhetorically questioned as she sat on my bed, a playful smirk sketching across my knowing face.

"2 o'clock." She hazily replied with a half-smile. "I know." Her voice sounded drained.

I let out a chuckle, "I seriously didn't think I'd be that spot on." I retorted while crawling to the back corner of the bed, my usual sleeping spot.

"I didn't think you'd have to be spot on, I was only gonna be out for an hour or so." I could hear the tiredness pouring out of her voice again, my poor girl. She seemed a bit shaky, and not at ease.

But I dismissed it, it was nothing.

"So, how'd that turn into 5 hours?" I asked with a laugh, wanting to talk to her more and more, eager to hear her sweet voice caress my ears. She lightly giggled and then shrugged while falling back onto my bed.

Then, suddenly, a large rumble filled the sky.

I shifted my stare to her after sensing a small change in the mood. She gazed at the ceiling in what seemed to be fear like she was trying to seek something beyond it. "Hey, are you ok?" I questioned while trying to observe her actions. "It's just the storm, you know that right?" I delicately asked while lightly touching her arm, hoping to soothe her.

She shot me a glance, and just from the look in her eyes, I could understand that she wasn't calm. It was like those heart monitors that bump when the heart pumps, except for her, it was racing at rapid speeds, and I easily identified it. "Yeah...Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little..on edge." She sighed while scouting my room with her looks again. What was she searching for? Was she even searching for something? Or, was she trying to distract herself?

I sat up straight, ready to leave the room. I gaped at her, admiring every one of her perfect qualities. "If you're uncomfortable I can go on the couch.-"

"No!" She quickly cut me off in a somewhat loud manner that seemed to resonate in fear. She reached her hand out when she spoke like she was halting my steps, or reaching out to me, for me to come back. Her eyes, whatever armored them finally fled, and I saw that she was scared.

She cleared her throat, "No." She said once more, in a much quieter and more demanding tone while shifting her stare elsewhere. "Don't leave, please." She looked at me again.

If I could explain her expressions, or what I see in her eyes, I would sort them by color; It was like each time she'd blink, a new color would be summoned to present itself. Each color meant something different, like an emotion. Something that I'd instantly remark in my brain.

I nodded and scooted back to where I originally was. I rested on my back, covered by the large blanket, and greedily stared into her eyes. I want something from her, I need something from her, but I don't know what.

She finally looked back into my eyes, a crooked smile developed on her face, which was obviously her trying to fake a normal grin. I sighed, "do you want me to comfort you?" I asked, I could feel my eyes growing a bit larger as I stared into hers, hoping that there was something I could do to banish whatever his hovering over her usual joyous mood.

"Please, please don't ask that." She began rubbing her temples, something anyone would do when they're frustrated. Something was bothering her, and it was beginning to bother me too. It was like she was remembering something, multiple things, and she didn't know what to do with it.

"Did something happen at the party?" The tip of my eyebrows was curling up, what if something occurred and is making her act like this?

"No, no I'm fine." She brokenly smiled, and it was pushing me to the rim of whatever emotion I was standing on.