Chapter 21: Let It Rain

_

"So...You know, I know it's my 4th time asking but is it really necessary to walk into the woods to talk to this guy?" I asked while watching my step on the uneven path of rocky soil, as Michael and Toast tread by my side.

"It's not the woods, Thomas. It's literally a path behind the park field," Michael repeated, a bit of annoyance tickling his tone. "He just doesn't enjoy being around too many people, or when people are staring at him."

"I don't know guys, it just sounds like we're about to get murdered." I nervously joked but received no laugh in response.

Responding to Michael, Toast started, "Yeah, I think he said he's agoraphobic, right? Or I don't know, some shit like that." Toast added like it was no big deal. But, it just continued to make me more confused.

"Agoraphobic? If he's agoraphobic, how'd he meet you guys? And why'd he agreed to meet us out here? In like...the middle of nowhere?" Only curiosity filled my voice, and the other two seemed as if they had to explain directions to a clueless child.

A dramatic sigh left Michael's mouth, though it was not a dread to clarify the situation.

"So, we met in school. He's new, and we have a few electives together, so I wanted to hang out with him. He was pretty paranoid and skeptical about it all at first, but now he's chill with us, even though we kind of had to remind him like 20 times every 10 minutes that we aren't judgemental bitches." Michael scoffed before stopping at a certain spot between some trees, we all stopped with him, halting, and letting the breeze and chirps of birds settle in. He looked around, quickly capturing the moment before glancing back at me and Toast. "Oh, and he agreed because we told him all about you. The voice, the hair, the personality, you know, you're kinda like a little anime boy." Michael snickered before spreading out his blanket-he'd been carrying the entire time-on the nice green grass around us. "And who doesn't like anime boys?" Michael teased.

"I'm not an anime boy," I muttered under my breath.

Michael grinned satisfied, and sat on his soft sheet he spread about the area "So, while we wait let's talk about-"

"God, do we have to?" Toast quickly pleaded before laying back on the fluffy greenery. "We're not some 8th-grade girls guys." He pouted while smudging his hands across his annoyed face.

"So what? Now that we finally have a love life is it illegal for us to talk about our girlfriends?" Michael asked, not wanting a response in return. I laughed while watching their situation unravel into an immature discussion, it was just the usual.

"But we always talk about your guys' girlfriends! Like fuck I get it, I'll be single forever." He grumbled while dramatically sitting up and hugging his knees.

A smile tugged my lips up as I watched Toast act and throw his small tantrum. "You'll find someone someday Toast," I comforted while sitting down next to him. He looked at me and shined a tiny smile in return...until Michael talked.

"Eh, maybe." We both looked at Michael, pure confusion as to why he had to say something. "I'm just joking, chill out guys." He laughed as I rolled my eyes, and a smile came creeping back up to my face. Then the sound of twigs snapping resounded from behind us as if someone was stepping. I turned back, and it was him.

He was tall and pale; He also had messy onyx hair that went from waves to faded curls, and the wisps of his jet-black hair fell around his head and covered some part of his showing eye. His left eye was masked by a black eye patch, but his right eye...it was so dark, almost black; And if you stared for too long would feel like his irises would glow a crimson red. His stare wasn't cold but it felt like it, like each time he glimpsed at me a stabbing icicle pushed further into my chest.
A charcoal-shaded mask covered the bottom of his face, and it was decorated by some white strikes that looked like teeth, long and sharp teeth. He also displayed jewelry on his body which suited him nicely. A couple of silver rings danced on his long pale fingers which decorated both hands nicely, he had one black stud earring on each of his earlobes and wore a white T-Shirt which some black jeans.
He sure killed the "mysterious" look, and I have to say, how can anyone not be intimated by this guy?