Chapter 10: Is This Flirting?

Rae's sweet heart just couldn't get her mind off of the situation. She sat in the stall crying still, sobbing away and hiccupping just hoping no one would hear her, or worse walk into the ladies room.

Finally she had stopped herself from crying and found herself scrolling through Instagram trying to kill time as her tears dried on her face. The clock had ticked and time had passed, sooner then she thought, the bell chimed.

She wiped her tears and walked out the bathroom hoping to blend in with everyone. She looked down at her phone as she was walking and her hair hung in front of her face, she was trying to cover her eyes because they were still puffy from her sobbing minutes ago.

Thomas Pov

During Math class I was honestly quite distracted, Rae didn't attend, and Isaiah had got into a fight. Maybe it had something to do with her?

"Hey we're gonna start walking to science, we'll see you at lunch ok?" Toast said intruding my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'll see you then." I said forming my hand into a peace sign as they turned away to science which was the way we originally came from. I walked the opposite way they were going and continued to wonder about what happened to Isaiah and Rae.

As I was walking I saw a girl coming my way, it looked like she didnt know where she was going because she wasn't looking ahead of her. Her hair was draped in front of her face not allowing her to see me. I tried to avoid her, but she walked right into me, and bumped against my chest.

She looked up at me, "Thomas?" It was Raechel, she glared up at me in an almost shocked look.

"Oh, there you are." I smiled and glanced down at her and noticed that her eyes were swelling, I looked around and the halls were almost empty, "are you ok?" I asked her in a soft and quiet tone.

"Oh, yeah..? Why wouldn't I be?" She answered as if I asked a dumb question, but I only smirked at her.

"You're not the best liar you know." I said leaning against a locker, people were still shutting lockers and heading to different classes.

She giggled nervously and scratched her neck as the bell chimed again, "well, you should go to your next class."

I stared at her for a few seconds, taking in a lot about her. Beautiful dark hair, her skin looked so soft, and her lips looked tender, "a-actually.. Wanna skip..?" I asked hesitantly, not really knowing why.

"You?! Skipping?" She gasped, "oh so Thomas isn't the top student I thought he was?"

I chuckled, "well don't say it like that, and I already know you're not going to class anyway. I don't know what you're planning to do, but Rae, I just don't want you to be wandering the halls alone, or in a stall, I don't know, maybe you'd try to fit in a locker?" I laughed briefly, "I don't know what happened, and you don't have to tell me, I just want you to be ok, and not feel like you're alone."

She smiled gently, "thanks Thomas." She said coming in for a hug. Her arms wrapped around my back and she rested her face on my chest. I could feel my face growing warm as I experienced an intimate feeling. I slid my hand from the top of her head down to her back, returning the hug.

We separated and I smiled hoping to cheer her up, the redness around her eyes just seemed to be bugging me. Like I had to do something about it.