Chapter 18: Feelings

"What Christmas tradition?" She stuttered, her beautiful eyes glaring into mine and then flaring down at my lips.

I swallowed nervously and lifted her chin up oh so delicately with my hands. Her eyes filled with spark and emotion, the way I could sense the heat of the moment was immaculate. I could then feel her hand slide up the back of my head and into my hair as her mouth slightly gaped open.

I looked up at the atrocious scene of the mistletoe that was poorly hung up at the top of my door frame. I slowly trailed my eyes back down into hers that seemed to just be gazing absently at the small patch of greenery, red and white.

A hitch of blush colored her cheeks into a rosy spread; her eyes within a blink were linked with mine, just by the gaze I could tell she was feeding into the joyous moment, and her stare was the epitome of elegance.

It has only been seconds, yet it feels like time is trying its best to slow down for us. The best feeling swirled in my stomach just by being so close to her, and I could only hope she was feeling the same.

I accelerated my left hand on her waist and trailed it up the side of her dress, soon I reached her smooth skin where her shoulders had been exposed. I leaned in just a tad bit more, and her eyes flared in shock, and a smile etched across her adorable face just as she let out a small giggle. I returned the small grin. We were so close now, I couldn't even hear my thoughts over my heartbeat. I could feel her breath on my face, and it made me weak to the bone.

I lifted my left hand and cupped her jaw into my palm. My fingers separated, three fingertips resting on her temples, and two were behind her ear.

Then finally I received the boost I needed.

My eyes desperately glanced down at her red lips that were glossy and lightening, not daring to move away.

Then I closed my eyes, no thoughts. No sounds. Maybe even a slight sway shared between our bodies. But I leaned down, and she stood up on the tips of her toes, then...I felt my lips interact with hers.

Her hand that was tightly secured around my neck pulled me deeper into the kiss and I fastened my grip on her waist. Our noses rubbed together and I buried my lips in hers, not wasting a second of our moment. A moment I've been longing for.

I harshly pressed her body against the door frame and could feel her plump lips smile against mine, I just couldn't get enough of it. My tongue swiped her bottom lip and my hands caressed her jaw whilst carefully cradling her cheeks. A playful giggle left her mouth only causing me to do the same as I resumed my normal stance.

I looked down, her eyes were gorgeous, so soft and pure, yet her gaze was sharper than a blade. She stared into my soul, then up at my lips, it was almost intimidating yet attractive. She brutally smiled, it was obvious what she wanted. I nervously grinned, my heart was going a million times faster than the average speed rate and I was afraid I might pass out.

The same amount of blush was spread across her face as mine when she looked me up and down.

A smirk was printed on her face as she rolled her eyes. She sighed sarcastically while dusting off my shirt, "maybe I could teach you a thing or two?" She said in a quiet rasp. My eyes widened more than they already were, and it felt as if all the blood in my body rushed to my face.

Sooner than I knew our lips were connected again. The flesh of her lips graciously tangled with mine, and I closed my eyes again. No thoughts at the moment, just feeling the movement. There was no room for thinking about useless sentences wondering my mind especially when I was doing something I never thought I'd do, and it's not kissing a girl for that matter, I never thought I'd be kissing Rachell.