Chapter 11: The Coffee Shop

He seemed like he was frantic but trying to hide it, which calmed me down. I lightly giggled to myself and a smile appeared flawlessly to my face.
-
As we pulled up to my house, he released my hand.

"Thanks for the ride! I really appreciate it." He said as he exited the car, closing the door behind him.

"No thank you! It's makes me so happy to know Raechel is getting taught what she needs to know and is taking a break off her games for once. I swear, everytime I walked in her room, she's always on the same game!"

Thomas laughed, "oh I know."

As we walked up to the door the breeze picked up a ton. The tree leaves were swaying back and forth aggressively, and the wind was flowing through our hair.

"It wasn't supposed to be windy today, was it?"

"Im not sure, but I know that it was supposed to be ugly this week." My mom said as she began unlocking the door.

"Ugly? Like gloomy?"

"Yeah, like rainy and cold. But I'm still not sure, it said it was supposed to rain today, and the sun was out." She clicked her tongue, "tsk, I swear, I could do a way better job at keeping track of the weather."
-
We entered the house, which happened to be very cold.

"Ooh! It's chilly in here, is the air on or something?"

"No, I haven't had it on the whole day.." she said confusingly looking around, "huh.. well let me cook you guys some soup, I'll call you both down once it's ready."

"Ok!" Thomas and I said in sync, we began to walk down the cold hall that led to my room. For some reason it was colder in my room, but you could feel and smell the freshness from outside.

"Aw, it was cuz I left my window open." J said as I walked to vertically closed the window.

"That's fine, I actually love the breeze and when the weather's like this." He said helping himself by rolling onto my bed.

"So what's been up with you?" I asked as I joined him on my bed.

"Um, nothing I guess. I've just been grinding on Valo, hanging out with Michal and Toast, and that's pretty much it."

"Wow, sounds exciting." He chuckled at my sarcasm, "well I guess it's not what everyone would want, but it could be worst right?"

"Yeah, you're right."

I sighed and glanced at him, he was just gazing out my window that was located next to my bed frame.

"So where's Mika? Usually that lil' guy would be all over me right now."

My eyes widened as I realized he wasn't inside either. "Um, I'll be right back. Feel free to get a blanket or something to keep you warm."

"ok." He said while looking around.

I exited my room and shouted as I walked through the living room, "moom! Did you let Mika out?!"

"Yeah, before I want to pick you up!" She shouted back.

I rolled my eyes and opened our sliding door that led to the backyard. "Mika!" I called, I heard him bark, and pant.

"Mika?" I said turning the corner I heard him from.

I smiled as I saw him with his two front paws on my windowsill, staring at Thomas who was also looking at him through the window.

"Come on Mika!" I said in a squeakier voice, I walked back into the house and he followed my steps.

Mika had beat me on the race to my room, he jumped on the bed and rushed to Thomas, just as I had suspected.

"So, ready to stu-" I stopped in the middle of my sentence when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, "hold on Thomas." I said as I closed the door, and stepped away from the bed frame.