Chapter 13: No One Likes A Bully

"Congratulations on another victorious weekend." Kianna smiles brightly. She was very pleased with how the weekend went, ⅚ wins all belonging to the ALDC, and they managed to do it without one of their team members, and beat the Candy Apples. It probably had been one of their top ten competitions to date.

"You won. However, I see things that I need to fix," Abby continues. "Paige, you were good in the trio, okay in the group; but you know that you messed up that leap downstage. Kendall, on the grand jete, you did it crossing to the right, so we couldn't see if the hips were inline or not. Nia, you did a great job in both of your dances. You did not pull my eyes negatively. But I want you to start pulling my eyes positively." Finally finished with her critics, Abby began to talk about the competition.

"This week, we are attending Hollywood Vibe. Those judges and the directors and everybody that runs Hollywood Vibe, they are either from L.A. or they are from New York City. They are looking for the next big thing. The next star, the next little kid to be in their video, or their commercial. So you need to be on your a-game."

Kianna already knew that competing at Hollywood Vibe would be hard, but she felt more pressure now that she was a main cast member on a tv show. People had seen her act, and word on the street was that some music companies would be at the competition for a singing portion. She wouldn't be participating in it, but Kianna knew that Abby would try and get Mackenzie to do it.

"On to the pyramid," Abby put her hand on the bottom headshot. "I'm not even going to discuss this. I'm moving on to Paige. You were great when it was just you, Nia, and Kianna, but you kind of fizzled out when you were in the group.  You're gonna have to work back up that ladder."

"Next, I have Nia. You've been working very hard, but you still have to fix those technical issues, it's the little details that make or break the number. Kendall. Kendall, you're still on probation," Abby turns to face Jill. "Mom, it's a long process." I didn't agree with the pyramid. If anything, Maddie should be on the bottom since she got third.

Abby ignored whatever reaction Jill was having to move up the pyramid. "Mackenzie. You were the overall high score winner of the primary age division. You proved yourself with the group Apples, and you proved your solo. Maddie. Maddie, I thought you did a great job in the group and the solo; oh well, keep working. You need something to work for." Maddie shouldn't have been higher than Mackenzie, there was no way that made sense.

"And on top of the pyramid this week is Kianna and Chloe. Kianna, you did an amazing job out there. You were creepy, you were sad, you did a very good job. Chloe, You did something out there; you made your mother cry; she was brawling. Don't make me cry; make me smile.'' At least something on this pyramid made sense.

"This week at Hollywood Vibe, Chloe, you will be doing a solo again. Kianna, you will be doing a solo, and Maddie, you will also be doing a solo. And we're gonna do a trio. The trio is going to be Chloe, Maddie, and... Kendall."

Abby had done a lot of strange things out of spite, but this most certainly had been the weirdest things she had done. Taking one of the essential dancers out of the winning trio, and replacing her with Kendall? Who doesn't dance like Paige at all? It was crazy. "Kendall, you stepped it up from Apples last week, but now I need to see if you can hang with Chloe and Maddie," Abby challenges.

"Kianna, your birthday is this weekend. Specifically on Sunday, right after competition day. My gift to you is two duets. One with Cameron, and one with Paige." To Kianna, that was not a gift. Even if one of her dances won that meant the other would lose.