Chapter 14: Burn, Pom Poms, Burn!

It was almost 8:00 when Kianna got out of bed, a whole 2 hours earlier than she usually would on Sunday, her red curls shifting against the bonnet she wore. It was her birthday, February tenth, and she had turned 12 at 6:17 am.

Cameron had always teased her because he was already twelve, but now he couldn't say anything about it for another 3 months. She smiled, this was the first time she had been able to sleep in since nationals almost 3 months ago.

She did her normal morning routine, each and every second planned for the entire day. She was going to do some acting on set for a super secret project that her mom had given her permission to do, and then she was going to meet with an agent at a record label who had taken interest in her when she was singing in a coffee shop.

After that, she was going to hang out with her family and the Jones family until her birthday party. Ms. Laurner had given her permission to not come in for her weekly session as long as they could reschedule, so she was going to go on Tuesday afternoon instead.

Getting dressed, she put on a semi formal jumpsuit. She wanted to make a good impression for both the cast and the record label agent, and what better way than to be fashionable and cute at the same time.

Deciding to leave her curls out with nothing more than a couple of minutes of maintenance, Kianna decided to go and see what her parents were doing. As soon as her door opened, the smell of fried dough and herbs infiltrated her nose. She quickly walked past Giuliana's room and down the stairs, eager to see what exactly was happening.

As she reached the first floor, the smell became stronger, and she jogged into the kitchen. There was her favorite breakfast, her mom still making the last of the crepes while her dad finished making the flädle sauce. A rich and creamy base for soup, he had modified the recipe so she could have it as breakfast instead of lunch.

"Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!"

"Buon compleanno!" They both wished at the same time. There wasn't a moment to waste, Keoni stepping away from the pot to wrap his daughter in a tight hug. "Und mögest du noch viele mehr haben," he whispered into her hair.

"Happy Birthday!" "Happy Birthday!" "And may you have many more,"

He gave her head a kiss before walking over to Chelsea's side of the stove, watching the crepes so that she could hug her daughter. "Oh, la mia bambina sta invecchiando," she fussed, looking over her daughter's appearance. "Why are you already dressed?" She asked, causing Kianna to give her a strange look.

"Oh, my baby is getting older,"

"Umm, cause we have to go on set today, and we have a meeting with the record label. Mom, set shooting starts at nine thirty; did you really forget?" Chelsea blanched, she had kinda been hoping that Kianna didn't want to do these things on her birthday so that they could spend the whole day together.

"Ah, don't you think that you should take the day off and relax, have some fun, do something with your friends?"

Kianna shook her head, she had the whole afternoon to spend with her friends. Besides, she had been looking forward to this all week. She knew that to her mom this was "working," but to Kianna doing these kinds of things were fun and exciting. She wanted to do them because she enjoyed it, her mom just didn't get that.

"Where's Giuliana?" Kianna asked, turning to see if she was in the living room. Chelsea pointed to the back door, "She's doing something in the backyard."