Chapter 25: Night of the Living Dancers

A/N: its been a couple of months, and I honestly wasn't really ever sure if I was going to update again. I managed to write two full chapters, but it seriously made me question the direction the story was going in. When I started the season, it was not my intention to have all these different events happen. The timeline that I was mapping out was starting to make almost no sense to me, and I feel like the story has spiraled out of my control to the point where I'm not even sure what I want the story to be.

All in all, I think that its best if I take a step back and start over from the beginning, So this might be the last update you'll get in a while; I'm going to post the last two chapters and move on to find the story that I want to write and actually write it.

Sincerely, kaie_27

"Girls, Cameron, let's go!" Abby yelled as we walked inside, causing me to feel annoyed. I was very grouchy today, having stayed up all night with Cameron trying to write a song.

"Girls, you walked into this room just as sluggish and boring as you walked out on that stage. Zero energy. You have to come out there with energy. You can't get halfway through the number and then peter off. You're boring."

I think if Abby gave the group some better choreography it would've won, but I couldn't just blame her for that. The dance might've scored way better than fifth if I had just pulled myself together and did the dance like I was supposed to.

"So... at the bottom of the pyramid. Maddie. Maddie, you had an opportunity to dance. That didn't happen. They announce you and your bawling in the audience. That is unacceptable behavior. You're nine years old. When opportunity knocks, open the door."

"Next, Mackenzie. Mackenzie, your routine was a winning number. You were tenth. I didn't do tenth place. Next, Paige, you went out there, you were great, you forgot a step. You can't forget a step. Brooke. Brooke, you're here because you give me this much."

Abby pinched her fingers together, leaving barely any space in between them. "I don't see this effervescent personality. I just see this fake little smile. You concentrate so much to not screw up the dance you can't have fun out there.

"Next, I have Kianna. You got second, I don't like second. You were backstage and made this big scene about being sick and you let down your teammates. Don't ever let it happen again."

I sighed and nodded, there wasn't any point in arguing. The one thing the other girls on the team had that I didn't was someone to defend them.

Caroline was in North Carolina for a meeting with the producers of 'Banshee,' and then she would be flying over to Vancouver to finalize some details with the producers of 'Once Upon A Time.' That left me in the care of Meizhen, but she wasn't really the type to be confrontational.

"Third on is Nia. Nia, again, you're here because you showed responsibility, you quit fooling around, and I didn't have to hear your mouth all day long. Yes?"

"Second on the pyramid is Chloe. Chloe, you did your solo. But listen to me; I want more," Abby demands. I clapped for the blonde.

It was a little insulting that she was higher than me on the pyramid since I scored higher than her, but I'm going to try and not let it get to me. I messed up and cost the group a win, and that fact wouldn't change no matter how many times my dad tried to tell me otherwise.

"And on top of the pyramid is Aili." Everyone cheered for her, it only made sense that she was on top. Aili had won with the highest score on the team.

"This week, we're going to the Energy Dance Competition in Chicago. So we had a great competition the last time we were in Chicago, but we didn't win. I'd like to win."