Chapter 22: A Musical Mayhem

Kianna and Cameron sat next to each other in the car, Cynthia driving them to his audition. Corbin sat in the passenger's seat with Caroline talking in the left window seat. Cameron was auditioning for a show called Banshee, it was one that Caroline thought was perfect for him.

If he got the role he would only be in a few episodes, so filming wouldn't take up too much time. He had called Kianna right after the competition, announcing loud and proud that he had gotten the Joffrey scholarship.

Since he technically wasn't contracted by the producers, only getting paid for his appearances because Caroline demanded it, they had no say on whether he attended or not.

Caroline was definitely working with a lawyer to draw up a contract for Cameron that was similar to Kianna's, guaranteeing that the producers wouldn't be able to withhold and pay from Cameron, and would ensure that he was obtaining nurturing and a calm work environment.

Either way, Kianna was way more nervous for this audition than Cameron was. This was the first time he would audition for a show that she wasn't in, so everything had to go perfectly.

She would be damned if Cameron suddenly got nervous and didn't have anyone to run lines with, or make a mistake in the audition because he had forgotten.

Truthfully she was projecting the anxieties she faced during auditions onto Cameron's situation, but the boy didn't mind.

It was nice that she fiercely demanded to come along, stayed up late into the night to run his lines, and even called him during the only break she got for her modeling gig on Sunday to encourage him.

It was like having his own personal cheer squad and tutor built into one loveable, model sized best friend, and Cameron couldn't get enough of the fun girl he had fallen in love with.

Anyways, Kianna was jittering next to him. It had taken only a few minutes of her nervous rambling for Corbin to shove the Kianna silencer, a notepad filled with different questions and trivia about dance and music, in her hands.

Sure it worked for the moment, but everyone was praying that they arrived at the audition site before she finished. They loved the girl, but she had quite the lungs on her when she got going.

Now Cameron wasn't that nervous, mostly due to the enthusiastic training Kianna had put him through. This would be the first time they spent the summer apart, and he thought the reason Kianna wanted this to go good for him so badly was because she didn't want him to be bored or lonely over the summer. Sure he had other friends, but they were mostly people that he texted or called.

By attending the Joffrey ballet in New York and filming Banshee in North Carolina, it would allow him to spend his time doing things he liked instead of only attending the same dance classes he always did.

Sure he was taking advanced classes, but he found most of them boring when Kianna wasn't there, since she was his partner for everything.

A lot of the girls in his classes didn't want to be his partner, not because he wasn't skilled but because it was embarrassing to them that he was on their level when they were 4-5 years older than him.

The boys in his classes didn't talk to him much because they weren't sure how to relate to a kid that was way younger than them, effectively leaving him lonely in his classes when Kianna wasn't around. While he tried to not let it bother him too much, Cameron still missed his partner in crime.