Chapter 18: Feel the Miami Heat

"Come on, girls! Let's go!" Abby yells. "Come on! Move it! Move it! Move it! Let's go! Let's go!" Kianna rushed into studio A and stood in between Chloe and Aili.

It had been a long six weeks, but her nose had finally healed enough for her doctor to allow her to dance again. Her parents had sent another email to Jill about how much compensation Kianna was entitled to, and she had responded with a resoundingly huge claim of denial.

Even though Keoni had filed a police report in Texas like he and Chelsea had agreed upon, Jill denied that she had ever hurt Kianna, and said she wasn't going to pay them anything.

It had been a big headache, but after they got the news that the family had won the court case against Colin's Avenue, they were confident that they could win against Jill too.

Either way, Kianna was just happy to be back at dance. While Nia had come over after practice a couple of times, none of the other girls had bothered to text her, even after she had tried to contact them. It bothered her a lot, but she wasn't ready to just stop being friends with them.

"Congratulations on a great job at Fire and Ice. I think the judges said, 'I do.' We all see Kianna finally back with us again, now we can start competing at a higher level." The mentioned girl sighed, only back for four minutes and Abby was already singing her high praises. 

Girls, I'm gonna talk about the pyramid, and I'm gonna start right here with..." Abby reaches for the end of the pyramid. "Paige. The arms. We talked about that, I've been on you about that the last few weeks. You need to be stronger and resist the rebound." The blonde sighed, even though she was trying her hardest it seemed like Abby would never think it was good enough.

"Next, I have Brooke. I just want to see you smile. Even on your wedding day, it's like..." Abby made an awkward look, obviously meant to be more mocking than a demonstration. "You need to beam because I want to give you a solo. I want you out there doing a solo every single competition."

"Next, Mackenzie. You were in the group dance, but I need you to bring the level of your dancing up to the level that Maddie and Kianna and even Giuliana were dancing at when they were seven. Moving on up, Chloe. I always want more from you. I keep telling you that. Next Nia. Nia, what did you think about your routine?"

"I thought I did pretty well," Nia replies. Abby looks over at Holly. "And mom?" She asked. "I was pleased," Holly smiled brightly, it isn't everyday that her daughter was this high on the pyramid.

"I was excited to see her on stage and doing her best in a different type of dance. I think you can still get those high-energy performances without being 'stereotypical,' like musical theater could be something of interest."

"Right," Abby nodded, she wasn't going to take any of Holly's suggestions into consideration. "And next on the pyramid is Maddie. You did a good job taking over Kianna's role as the center. And on top of the pyramid with her magnificent first solo win in this season is Aili."

Aili beamed as everybody clapped for her, it felt good to be on the top of the pyramid. "I've found that you're dancing has improved tremendously, and what better way to celebrate my dancers coming back than solos. Aili, you have a solo and Kianna will have a solo."

Abby rubbed her hand together as she wore a grin, those mother's had no idea what she had planned for Kianna and Aili this week. "This weekend, we will be traveling to Miami Beach, Florida. There's sun, there's sand, and there's pool boys. We will all be performing a group number."