Battle of Peace: Part 4; Death's Successor

Naruto just simply stared at the God of Death with a blank but slightly confused look.

"What do you mean I am your successor?" Naruto asked causing the Shinigami to chuckle in a dark tone.

"Exactly what I said, Naruto Uchiha Namikaze. I've chosen you to take the mantle of being the next God of Death." The Shinigami stated seriously.

"Why? Why me out of all people?" Naruto asked seriously which made the Shinigami smirk.

"Well, for one, you were the first to master the curse that I implanted on the side of your father's family. Second, because it's was all apart of my plan." The Shinigami said darkly causing Naruto eyes to narrow at the godly being.

"What do you mean it was part of your plan?" Naruto questioned with a glare causing the Shinigami's eyes to gleam slightly as he laughed evilly.

"Young Naruto, if it wasn't for me, you would've been dead the day you were born." The Shinigami stated shocking Naruto. "Have you've always wondered why you saw other people but others couldn't see them?" He asked causing Naruto to look at him with wide eyes.

"It seems you caught on young one. What you've been seeing are the wondering souls of the dead who couldn't find a way to the afterlife. Have you always wondered why they were so drawn towards you?" Death asked again causing Naruto to slightly tremble in shock.

"You were their key to going to the afterlife young one. That's why whenever you would touch those souls, they would seemly disappear in thin air. That's why you would always get rush of their memories of their past life. You were unconsciously sending them to their rightful place after death. Either to me where they could suffer in my stomach for eternity or to the afterlife with my sister where they could rest peacefully." Death explained as Naruto looked at his in shock, but Death wasn't finished.

"Have you always wondered why when you took your first life, it never bothered you? Or you would feel stronger every time you would kill someone especially in ANBU?" Death asked once more causing Naruto to unconsciously break the chains he had around his wrist and put his hands on his face as he started to breath slightly faster. "It's because you've had the concept of Death every since you were born, young Naruto." Death laughed darkly causing Naruto's eyes to widen even more.

"Concept of...Death?" Naruto whispered but Death heard him.

"Yes. The Concept of Death. The irreversible cessation of all biological functions that sustain an organism. Or as I like to call it, the ugly truth that you mortals don't want to face when the time comes." Death grinned as Naruto calmed down and look back at the ground. Death walked slowly over to Naruto and rested his large Tanto on Naruto's shoulder.

"The reason why you are living is because of me. I was the one blessed you because even though you were just a child on the verge of dying at the time, I saw something in your soul. And it intrigued me, so I tried it one more time and blessed another Namikaze. And I do not regret my decision. After 100 years, I found my true successor." Death said coldly.

"What do you mean after 100 years?" Naruto asked in cold tone.

"Can you at least chill with all these questions?" Death said in a deadpanned tone causing Naruto's eyebrow to twitch slightly before he sighed.

"Fine." Naruto grumbled.

"Thank you. And to keep it short, I had two reasons why planted that curse on the Namikaze's but I think you know that by now." Death said as Naruto's eyes to widen.

"To punish the Namikaze and to find a Successor to take your mantle." Naruto said as Death grinned as he licked his Tanto.

"Indeed my successor. Every single fight you have fought, is because of me. Every life and death situation you were in, was because of me. It was my way of testing you. And part of my plan. Hell, you were the biggest part of my plan." Death chuckled as Naruto looked at him with slightly wide eyes as he remembered something.

"You were the old man I met while I was in prison in solidarity confinement, weren't you?" Naruto asked in shock as Death just grinned before laughing darkly.

"Indeed young one. That was me." Death chuckled. "I had to make sure that you would be the right one to take over the mantle of Death for me. I also had to make sure that you had to be ready for such a important role in the world." Death told Naruto as the black haired man listened to the God of Death.

"But, seeing as you are becoming the new God of Death, there is something else that you should know." Death said causing Naruto eyebrows to raise slightly.

"And that is?" He questioned.

"That you are my reincarnation, young Naruto." A new, old and wise voice said as he slowly made his way into the light. Naruto's eyes widen as he felt the power role off of the man.

"Who are you old man?" Naruto asked cautiously causing the said man to sweatdrop and chuckle at Naruto.

"I am what legends would call me, the Sage of Six Paths, Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki. And you, Naruto Namikaze Uchiha, are my reincarnation." The old man, now known as the Sage of Six Paths stated causing Naruto eyes to pop out of his socket before he thought about something.

"Wait, if I'm your reincarnation, The Who are your sons reincarnation?" Naruto asked as Hagoromo smiled a grandfatherly smile.

"My oldest son, Indra's reincarnation is Sasuke Uchiha and my youngest son, Asura's reincarnation is your youngest sister, Naruko Uzumaki Senju." Hagoromo answered as Naruto just simply nodded. "And now young Naruto, not only will you only take the mantle of Death, you will also take the mantle of being the new Sage of Six Paths." Hagoromo stated seriously as Naruto held his head down and listened carefully.

"Do you accept this responsibility young one/mortal?" Both Hagoromo and Death asked at the same time as Naruto looked up with determination in his eyes.

"I accept

"I accept." He answered in a deep tone causing Hagoromo to smirk and the God of Death to chuckle darkly.

"Very well then. Let's get this show on the road then, shall we?" Death asked as he licked his blade menacingly.

"Indeed. I think it's about time for the finishing act for the show." Hagoromo agreed as he Rinnegan eyes glowed with power.

" Hagoromo agreed as he Rinnegan eyes glowed with power