The Garden

Derek slowly blinked open his eyes to a blinding light. He shut his eyes quickly and winced, the light not helping his pounding headache.

"Look guys. He's awake." said a voice somewhere around him. Derek forced his eyes open revealing five blurry figures standing over. Derek blinked and the figures sharpened until he saw Jake, Josh, Teddy, Nate, and a girl standing over him grinning.

"Hey man. Welcome to the land of the living." said Jake jokingly.

"Mmm." Derek groaned. "What happened?" Josh chuckled and extended his hand to Derek who gladly took it. Derek swayed slightly as he stood but was ok.

"We were... hit, you could say." Derek raised an eyebrow in question to Jake. "I-its hard to explain, man. Maybe Molly can help you." he pointed to the smiling girl standing across from him.

"Hi im Molly, but you probably know that by now." she reached out and shook the guitar players hand. Derek looked around his surroundings and was extremely amazed. All around them was a brightly lit, grassy glade. the light streamed through the trees and shone on the dew on the flowers and grass. Butterflies flitted around his head and birds chirped in the branches. The sky was a brilliant blue and the clouds were the purest silver.

Derek gaped, completely speechless.

"Isn't it beautiful?" said Teddy coming up beside him. Derek nodded.

"Welcome to my home." said Molly and she ran off, her white dress and blond hair flowing behind her. A small breeze ruffled across the beautiful field.

"Wait!" Teddy laughed and he and Nate raced after her. They all felt a sense of security here, something special in the magical world. The rest of FF5 followed after and soon they came to a small patch of grass clear of any trees and flowers.

Suddenly, two magnificent animals came running across the clearing and stood before the six. Both animals, a white tiger with intricate blue stripes and the other a black stag with red eyes, rack, and hooves, bowed low to the girl.

"Gentelmen, this is Boron, King of the Plant-Eaters. He represents loyalty, kindness, and beauty." she said, gesturing to the huge deer. "And this is Romire. Queen of the Meat-Eaters. He represents courage, strength, and sacrifice. Come, they would like to meet you." she motioned them to come closer. Nate and Teddy immediately obeyed without question, walking up without fear. The rest followed.

Romire was surprisingly soft and Boron was taller than he seemed from far away.

"Wow." gasped Derek. "They're beautiful."

Suddenly, Romire made a strange growling noise in the back of her throat but surprisingly, Derek understood what she meant.

"Thank you, young one." she bowed her head.

"Uh... what just happened?" asked Jake. Molly laughed.

"I brought you all here for a reason. You all have special powers but you need to learn how to control them."

"Sorry what?" said Josh skeptically.

"Its simple really. I already know who has what power. Josh, you have telekinesis and can conjure up force fields. Jake, you have the ability to see visions and look into the future. Nate, you can turn yourself into metal, but it isn't normal metal. Its Aztec metal. Very special indeed. and lastly, Teddy, you have the power of energy. The color of the energy seems to be a dark purple which is extremely rare for someone like you."

"Isn't all of the extremely rare?" said Josh. Molly shook her head. "Most people have it but have learned to control their power."

"How?" asked Teddy.

Molly smiled again and said, "Welcome to the Garden. The place where you will learn to control and find out all the secrets you and your powers contain."

.-.-.-.-.-.-_

sorry i took so long to update guys. been bogged down by school and all that junk. any who, hoped you enjoyed! see y'all in the next chapter!