Big Spoon

"Mm. My name sounds good on your tongue. Say it again."

-----------------

Eve snuggled closer to Bloodhound under the furs and blankets, totally enveloped by their warmth. The savory aroma of garlic and basil wafted from the kitchen, the dinner they had prepared that simmered low on the stove, now almost ready to eat. Her head rested in the crook of their neck, copper tresses mingling with dark brown. Though she had protested at first, she was grateful they had allowed - or, truly forced - her to rest after her spanking the day prior. There was no training, no chores, no obligations. Just her and them.

The wash of emotions she experienced after their play had settled, though some of the heaviness and exhaustion remained like a hangover. They had spoiled her endlessly today, preparing meals for her, bringing her tea, and holding her as much as she wanted. It made her feel needy to want to stay close to them for so long and she had hesitated to ask for this. With a little persuasion though, she finally admitted what she wanted, and they had gladly delivered on that request. Most of her time today had been spent in their lap or with their arms around her.

"Did you have a nice day today, elskan?" they asked softly, fingers dancing along her forearm.

Eve nodded against them and plopped a tiny kiss on the side of their neck. "Yeah. Couldn't ask for more."

"Good." They patted her hip, then slid her off their lap. "Are you hungry?" They made their way to the kitchen to dish out two helpings of food without waiting for her answer. It was rare that she turned down an offer such as this.

Her mouth watered looking at the steaming bowl and she held her hands out for it. "Yes! Thanks for cooking."

"Ekki málið."

The food was delicately seasoned, made with fresh herbs and hearty chunks of chicken. Artur flew from his perch on the mantle and hopped onto a cushion by Eve. He stepped closer and rubbed his beak against her shoulder. His soft chirps drew her attention and he nibbled on the sleeve of her T-shirt, dark eyes gleaming as he stared at her bowl.

"Here, baby." She fished out a small piece of meat and blew to cool it, then offered it to the raven.

He grabbed his treat and flew back to his spot above the fireplace. Eve smiled over her dinner at him, reflecting while she ate. When she lived alone, most of her meals had been quick pre-made foods. To her, there was no point in cooking for one. The mess wasn't worth it. Bloodhound had a different philosophy and cooked for themself even when she wasn't around. When she was here at their cabin, which was more often than not these days, she was able to share in the delicious results of their passion.

She wouldn't have guessed that they liked to cook. It seemed like such a gentle hobby and on any of the televised Apex Games content, they weren't portrayed as anything less than a bloodthirsty hunter. While she'd witnessed that side of them up close, it wasn't all they were. Since joining their ranks in the fighting, she'd enjoyed getting to know them and the other Legends and seeing what they were like outside of the battlefields and interviews.

The media stripped them all down to clichés and portrayed them in the way that would garner the most views. Some of them were shockingly different from their in-game personalities. So far, Eve had mostly managed to stay under the radar, but as her popularity among fans slowly climbed she knew it was only a matter of time before the media picked away at her, too. She briefly wondered what character they'd try to turn her into, but she pushed the thought out of her mind. For now, she'd enjoy the peace of her relative anonymity.

After dinner, she stood next to Bloodhound at the bathroom sink, brushing her teeth. She turned to the side and spotted a hint of a dark splotch extending out from under her shorts. With her toothbrush hanging out of her mouth, she hiked her shorts and popped her hip up to get a better look. The purples and reds were still dark against her skin in patches and tiny dotted clusters. She skimmed her fingers over them gently.