44. New Rules

This one is dedicated to Bill. Almost done all the Patreon posts this month; I think there will be 2 more before we go back to one chapter per day.
I hope everyone is enjoying the story; and would love to know if you can guess what reason Willow gave for wanting to punish Sally, and how she persuaded her to accept it so completely. Or what alternatives she offered ☺

I stumbled on the stairs a little, and Mum offered to hold my hand. I knew Lindy would have known something had happened from my blushes, even if she hadn't caused my embarrassment in the first place. The outfit was another clue, pastel pink and flowery, with a skirt that was more like a tutu than anything I would normally wear. It covered my diaper, but that was about the only good thing I could say about it. I looked so childish, and I was sure that any measure of discretion was only an illusion.

Then we were in the kitchen, and I was sitting down as quickly as possible to make sure Lindy didn't catch a glimpse of what I was wearing under the weird little outfit.

"Awww, she looks like such a baby!" she grinned wickedly. "Are you a little baby now, Sally?"

I couldn't even bring myself to answer then, I was so embarrassed. I wasn't sure what I would have said anyway.

"Yes, poor baby. She fell asleep in the lounge and had a little accident."

"Oh wow. Got to be careful with babies, don't you? She should have a diaper on if she's going to take an afternoon nap. Didn't you say she needs them when she's asleep?"

"I didn't think she was going to pee on the floor," Mum said. "She hasn't wet herself in years, so I thought she could be a big girl. I guess I was wrong. But it's okay now, she's got proper protection. See?"

I'd thought she might tease a little, or talk about me like a baby. And all my thoughts were on fighting the pink armies trying to conquer my face, so that I could show just a little self-respect in front of Lindy. I wasn't expecting Mum to lift up the edge of my skirts, showing off that I had to wear a diaper now. I buried my face in my hands and tried to pretend I wasn't there. Why had I agreed to this? I knew why; I knew the alternatives. But in that moment it was impossible to think clearly.

"Do you think that's fair?" Mum was asking. It seemed really one-sided that she asked Lindy like that. I knew she'd already asked me, and that didn't stop it feeling like she was opening the door to more bullying. "She'll have to wear diapers for a while to make sure she doesn't have any more little accidents. But maybe it was just a one off; so she can stop wearing them if she can stay dry for a week.

"It's not a one off!" Lindy told her, giggling now. "She keeps on waking up wet and she always pretends it's me. You shouldn't just believe her when she says she didn't have an accident, you need to check her diaper. Little girls can't tell the truth."

"That's certainly a good idea," Mum said. And for once she didn't question how Lindy knew I'd had wet nights. My little sister could see victory in sight; a chance to humiliate me and pretend she'd never had that problem. "Is that okay with you, Sally? Or maybe I should ask if the neighbours have any better suggestions how to deal with this?"

"That's okay," I said, almost inaudible speaking through my fingers. "I wet myself. So–"

"Like a little baby?" Lindy asked.

"Yes. Like a little baby. So I should prove it's not going to happen again. I'll follow all the rules, and keep on wearing diapers until I can prove I don't need them."

It was probably the hardest thing I'd ever said. Harder even than asking Hugo if he was interested in me beyond my sporting skill. But now it was out there, it felt like everything would be easier. The situation had changed. I didn't need to hide it if Lindy managed to get me with the water trick again. I'd still try to find some way I could break that conditioning, but it was no longer the end of the world if I couldn't. And in between normal life and moments of impossible humiliation, there might come an occasional sprinkling of being treated like a baby; a feeling that could make me feel so safe for reasons I didn't understand.