80. Playtime

Author's Note: It's the first day of a new month; but we (probably) won't be getting the usual surge of new chapters all on the same day. This month, because of stress over the last month, the bonus chapters for Patreon supporters will be spread over a couple of weeks. You'll still be getting all those bonus chapters; just not on the same day. And thank you to everyone who has supported me; it means so much.

My punishment started with Mum taking me up to my room and putting me in a diaper. She was still gentle with me, but it was clear that there was no way I could escape. Lindy wasn't supposed to be there, but I could hear her trying to stifle her giggles as she watched from just outside the door. I blushed, not sure if this was making me embarrassed or excited.

Once I had a diaper on, and a cute pink dress with a skirt short enough to leave no doubt about my predicament, Mum pulled the mittens over my hands and fastened them tightly. I couldn't do anything to stop her now as she completed the outfit with pink knee-socks and a headband to keep my hair out of my eyes. I couldn't see what the whole ensemble looked like, but I was sure it would make me look like a big baby; and I was completely helpless to stop it. And then Mum was leading me downstairs for breakfast, which turned out to be some kind of thick porridge. It was probably closer to real baby food than my previous experiences, but was also a great deal less appetising.

In the past, I'd actually enjoyed letting Mum feed me. But it seemed a little different when I knew I was getting this as a punishment. I couldn't just let myself enjoy it; I had to keep wishing that Lindy would suffer the same, and hating the fact that Mum couldn't believe me. I didn't blame her for giving me all the punishment; I could see how damning the evidence was, and how unlikely my explanation sounded. But I wished Mum could at least have pretended she didn't want to punish me, like she did whenever she let Lindy get away with some outrageous excuse or blatant lie.

"Now," Mum said, as she wiped the last of the food off my face. "Such a sweet little one, aren't you? For the rest of the week, you're going to be a complete baby. That means you're not going anywhere on your own, and if you want to socialise with the neighbours you'll need me or Linda to take you. Understood?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "But why–" My words were cut off as Mum pushed a pacifier into my mouth. I guessed that she really meant it about treating me like a baby.

"I won't ban you from speaking, because I think that might be a little too much. But I expect to hear no complaints, and no challenging your punishment. You've known long enough what this would involve, haven't you? And you still got that bowl out and tried to embarrass your sister. So you don't get to argue. You can ask for help, or ask us to play with you, but if I catch you arguing with us, you can have the pacifier instead. And if you have a problem with that, I've got a strap for it with a buckle, so it won't be so easy for you to spit out."

I looked up at her and nodded. Mum was starting to seem really scary now, and it was dawning on me just how helpless I was going to be for the rest of the week. Lindy might be laughing at the mention of a pacifier that I couldn't spit out, but I knew that these mittens meant it probably wouldn't be possible for me to unfasten it either. I would be completely dependent on Mum to do everything for me. Or on both of them.

"Now, what do you want to do this morning?" The question took me by surprise. I hadn't expected to have any choice now, and all the things I'd been planning to do this week would be impossible without changing back into my normal clothes. But I realised almost instantly that she must be asking Lindy; I couldn't have answered even if I had an idea.

"Have we got some toys for her to play with? Little baby needs little toys. Like building blocks or something, or some stuffies to have a tea party with. We should go to Planet Baby and see what she likes."