90. Another Change

"Mommy!" Lindy called, raising her voice so that Mommy could hear from wherever she was in the house. "Baby Sally needs changies!" I blushed furiously, and tried to hide my face in my hands. For a second I'd been perfectly happy to tell her that I had an accident, a baby who didn't know any better. But now I knew just how embarrassing those words were, and I couldn't believe that I had been so eager to say them. What had happened to me? This was so much more than the intense relaxation and habit forming I'd gotten from the original set of meditation recordings. This was more like some kind of hypnosis; the way it worked in movies, where you could take over someone's mind and make them do anything. That couldn't be real, could it? But the last few minutes had challenged my scepticism.

"Aww, did my little baby have an oopsie?" Mum said with a little laugh as she entered the room, and I found myself nodding automatically before the blush took over. Lindy nodded too, as if any more confirmation was needed.

"Yeah, she's a soggy little baby," she said with a smirk. "So little, maybe she can't even tell. She needs us to take care of everything for her. Make sure you give her that special surprise, we don't want her to miss out."

"That's enough, Lindy," Mum answered. Her tone was level, but I could still tell that she was serious there, and that Lindy was close to some line that she had been warned against crossing. There was still something Mum had decided to surprise me with, I knew, besides the mittens that she'd already shown me. And Lindy was impatient to see how I reacted to it.

"Fine," Lindy said, and pouted. Even when they had me thinking like a baby, it was hard to take her seriously as a big sister when she still had so many childish mannerisms. "I'll go to my room and get changed for tonight. While Sally gets changed changed, to let her know what a baby she is. I hope she enjoys her new..." And then she must have seen the fuse ticking down in Mum's eyes, because she trailed off and hurried out of the room.

"Now," Mum said. "Are you going to be a good baby for me, and let me change you into a clean diaper for the evening? How long will you be able to keep it dry, I wonder?"

"Can I..." I mumbled. I didn't know if I was allowed to ask even, but I knew it was worth trying. Mum didn't really want to hurt me. In her mind, punishment was always and only about making sure that some sin wasn't repeated. And making me miserable wouldn't have any effect beyond what they'd already done. In fact, it wouldn't have surprised me if this punishment was mostly performative. My own conscience was enough to stop me hurting my sister, and if I'd really done what she suspected me of, she would know that guilt would be the thing that stopped me doing it again. Most of the reasoning behind this treatment would be to convince Lindy that justice had been done, as well as to discourage her from taking her own revenge.

It would have been a good plan, if Mum's understanding of what I'd done had been accurate.

"Hmm?"

"Can I go potty, Mommy? Please? I promise I'll be good, I just can't..."

"You need to use your diapers, baby. That was the rule. If that's too much for you, we could try to find an alternative. But it wouldn't be giving the right impression if I stopped your punishment as soon as it reached something you might not like. Would it?"

"Okay," I nodded, and closed my eyes in resignation. I needed to use the bathroom; I was already starting to get uncomfortable. But I was sure that I could hold out for a day or more if I had to. I would just hope that either Mum or Lindy thought I had suffered enough before I reached my limit. A little discomfort would be an adequate punishment, wouldn't it?

"Now, did you make a mess in your diaper? I don't think you did. And that's not good. I think it would be much more comfortable for you if you go before you get changed. Then your diaper is clean for the rest of the night, you see? You want to do that, don't you? Poop for Mommy, just let it go, and then I can clean you up." I shook my head, and I could sense Mum's disappointment. But I knew she really cared, so I didn't honestly believe she would make me wait until it was really uncomfortable.