Chapter 1 - Prologue

September 17, 2012

"Have fun, Addie!" Mum yelled as I was walking out the door towards the bus. I smiled back at her, waving, then hopped onto the bus.

On the way to school, I was thinking about my sixteenth birthday coming up this Friday. That was also the day of the district chorus concert.

Today was our first day going to Norwest Christian College, where the festival was being held all week. We would go to school in the mornings, then get on a different bus to travel twenty minutes from our school, Oakville Public School, to the festival.

I'm hoping to meet a lot of new people there since this is the second to last year I'll be able to go. I've gone years past to different schools where the festival has been held, and at the beginning of the first morning, they give you an hour to go around interviewing people. They give you a sheet of questions to ask them, and you can meet new people that way. I like it. It helps you make new friends.

The bus arrived at school, and I got out and carried my bags straight to the chorus room. The chorus director, Mr. Murphy. He was young, 22, but still had a deep passion for music. He was going to be the director at the festival. He was picked out of all the school's directors to be the one directing the festival.

"Okay, guys, let's get going!!" He announced and we all piled onto a bus. There were sixteen of us, and one of the sixteen was my best friend Kara. She has gone everywhere and done everything with me.

"Addie.. There's gonna be a lot of cute music nerds there this week. Keep an eye out, and if not for you, then for me" she smiled.

"I'll do that" I promised. She likes music nerds. I don't like the term 'music nerds', though. I mean, if a guy is cute and loves music, he's my type. I was secretly hoping to find a guy here.

------

We got to Norwest Christian College within twenty minutes, and we walked in then registered. I began walking around and realized that there were lots of cute musical boys here. There was one that caught my eye though. I grabbed my interview paper and made my way towards him.

~

Add me on snapchat! @irwinxx5sos