Chapter 6 - Medicine

The next morning, we were in the music room once again, and Mr. Murphy went over a few rules that he saw being broken by anyone yesterday. 

"Finally," he said before going over the last rule, "you are permitted to have no relationships with the people from other schools during this festival." He looked at me, "that includes no PDA." (A/N: For those who may not know, PDA means public display of affection)

"So you aren't allowed to have any relationships with people from the festival, even if it's not PDA?" Kara asked.

"Just as long as the person is not distracting you too much from the festival, it is alright, but there should still be no PDA and no distractions from other people," Mr. Murphy specified, "Got it?"

"Got it," we all said at the same time.

"Good," he said and motioned us to come with him out to the bus.

Kara and I sat together again, and I told her all about Luke.

"So, anything you didn't tell me about you and Luke?" She asked.

"Well, I talked to my mum last night about him and him being an asshole, and she also said that when a guy likes you, he's mean to you. Luke's friend Michael told me that yesterday. He said that is Luke's way of flirting... So I think Luke likes me too," I looked at her, and she had the hugest smile plastered on her face.

"Addie, that's great! He is so cute and he is a great singer, like you." 

I just smiled, thinking about Luke. I couldn't wait until we got to Norwest Christian College. I wanted to see him again.

———

We arrived at Norwest Christian College around twenty minutes later. We walked in and immediately separated. I looked through the crowd of high school students to find Luke. I didn't see him at first. Then I looked around again and found him over by one of the auditorium doors. It looked like he was looking for me too. He saw me, and his eyes lit up, but he tried to hide it. I made my way over to him and decided that I was going to be an ass to him to give him a taste of his own medicine.

*Luke's POV*

"Hey Addie," I said.

"Hey Luke. Also, I just wanted to make it clear: you are not going to get me in trouble today. I am not dealing with your bullshit. I'm already mad enough that I have to sit near you. Just don't get me in trouble and even worse maybe get us both kicked out. I don't want you distracting me today as you were yesterday. I am done with this bullshit game you're doing. You won't mess up my time here, and you won't distract me from doing good on my solo," she seemed mad. I guess I was an asshole to her yesterday but I didn't know it went this far.. But I liked this side of her. She was feisty. I loved it.

~

Sorry for the short chapter:(