Chapter 20 - Thinking of Tour

I walked downstairs to see my parents in the living room, talking. They greeted me when I came in, then quickly finished their story. My dad looked at me once he finished.

"Hey Addie.. What's going on?" He wondered what I wanted.

"Well, I need to ask you something."

"Okay?" Mum wanted me to ask them already and not stall like I usually do. I don't realize that I do, but I do anyways.

"Luke is going on tour with his band starting in February and he wants me to go along with him. I want to go too," I told them very quickly.

"Wait- did you just say what I think you said? Luke is going on tour and you want to go with him?" Mum was surprised, just like Hudson.

"Yeah.." I confirmed.

"Sweetie, you just turned sixteen. I don't know.."

"Please, mum.."

"Honey, how about we think about this until tomorrow night and we'll discuss it then. It's getting late too. You need to get to sleep."

"Okay.." I agreed and went upstairs. That could've gone better, but it could've gone worse too. I walked upstairs into my bedroom and almost immediately fell asleep.

———

The next morning when I woke up, I quickly walked downstairs to get my breakfast. I saw my mum sitting in her chair at the island, and she smiled at me when she saw me walking into the kitchen. I was debating whether or not to bring up the tour. I decided against it and grabbed a banana. Before I could leave, my mum stopped me.

"Addie, could I talk to you for a minute?" She asked with what sounded like a worried tone in her voice.

"Um, yeah, what's wrong?" I wondered.

"Well, it's just the fact that you want to be away for months at a time. Why would you want to be away from us for that long?"

"Mum, it's not that I want to be away from you, it's that I want to be with Luke and his band. I mean, it'll be fun to go on tour, right?"

"I have no idea, sweetie, but what about school?"

"I was thinking about online schooling."

"Those never give the best education.."

"Oh. I don't have to have the complete best education. But I'll come back here and go to college somewhere, I guess. I won't be gone that long that I won't be able to go to college."

"Okay. You think a little more about that, and your dad and I will discuss it a little more, alright?"

"Alright, mum," I then began to walk up the stairs and into the room with my banana that I had been nibbling on.

When the bus came thirty minutes later, I got on along with Hudson, Bella, and one of our neighbors. I sat alone, and I just thought about Luke the whole ride and how I really wanted to go on tour with them. Our bus ride to school isn't long, but it felt like it was. All I was thinking about now was what if my parents told me no, that I couldn't go on tour? What would I do then? I would be crushed. I couldn't stop thinking about the bad things...