Chapter 3

Altan's POV:

"Hey, you! Deaf kid!" I saw some one say. Oh boy...Here we go..

 'What is it, Mrs. Morris?" I asked. Bad idea. 

 "Don't talk to me with your freaky sign language! I bet you can hear and talk normally! Your just as deceitful as your parents, brat!" she snapped as she slapped me. 

 At that moment, her head turned. I don't know what was going on, but at that moment, I saw Shane, Quinn, and Blake. They looked angry. I could tell from they way they looked and spoke, they were mad. 

 "How dare you slap your future Gamma!" Quinn exclaimed. 

 "How dare you shame him and tell lies about him!" Shane declared. 

 I looked over at Mrs. Morris. She was laughing. "It's nice how you stick up for your so-called friend. It's nice how your friends with him because you feel sorry for him. But save it for some one worthy of it." I sighed. 

 "He is worthy of it, Mrs. Morris!" I saw Blake say. It looked liked he growled.

 At that moment, I was grabbed from behind. A hand clapped over my mouth. Just then, Quinn looked in my direction. Her gaze softened and my captor's grip loosened. I managed to wriggle free. I'm assuming some words were said, but I wasn't paying attention. I was kinda hiding behind Shane and Blake. I know, I'm a cowardly little baby. Shane turned around and hugged me. 

 "It's ok, Altan. Nobody's gonna hurt you.." Shane told me. I smiled at him and nodded.

 'What's going on?' I asked him. He shrugged. 

 "I don't know...It looks like Quinn and that boy are having a staring match." he answered. Huh?? A staring match?? I looked over at Quinn and the boy. 

 "Mine." the boy said. I stared, wide-eyed. 

 'Shane, I think I know what's going on.." I signed to my friend. 

 "I think I know what you mean, bro," Shane remarked. 

 "Robin! What are you doing?!" Mrs. Morris exclaimed. "Get him, boy!" 

 Robin slowly walked forward, but not towards me. He walked towards Quinn and took her in his arms. 

 "Robin!" Mrs. Morris yelled. Robin didn't listen. He didn't even acknowledge her. He and Quinn looked star-struck. "Alright then, Robin. I'm leaving. And don't expect me to welcome you back into to my home!" Mrs. Morris remarked harshly before walking away. 

 "What did she mean by, 'Don't expect me to welcome you back into my home?'" Blake asked. A moment later, I saw Blake and Shane's face expressions turn into looks of shock. 

 'Did I miss something?' I asked. 

 "Robin said that Mrs. Morris is his mother, dude." Shane answered. I stared in shock. What?! 

 At that moment, Robin knelt in front of me. Yes, I'm still sitting on the ground near Shane and Blake. I know, I'm a baby. 

 "Look, kid, I'm sorry. I didn't want to bully you. My mother made me. She really doesn't like you. But personally, I think your kinda cool. I mean, I've never known anyone deaf before. And your gonna be Gamma! That is insane!" 

 I looked down and thought for a moment. I remembered mom's words. "Give people a chance. They may surprise you. Though be careful who you trust. You can give someone a chance without your trust. Just wait till your sure you can trust them." Dad added the part about trust. Some people are worth trusting...And I feel like I could trust this guy...

 'I forgive you..' I signed. Shane translated because he obviously can't understand sign language. 

 "So why did you go along with her schemes? You look old enough to handle yourself and make your own choices." Blake remarked. 

 "I know...But...well...you wouldn't understand. Mother threatened to disown me if I disobeyed her.." Robin answered. 

 "I see...Well, come on. Uncle Alex will want to meet your mate, Quinn." Blake stated. 

 "Alright, Blake. We're coming." Quinn told him. I got up and followed behind them. 

 When we got back, Shane was in for a surprise. 

 "Shane! I'm glad your back, son. We have a surprise for you." his dad told him when we entered Shane's house.

 "What is it, dad?" he asked. 

 "Well, now that we finally have some time, we can tell you the gender of the baby." His mom smiled. 

 'Should I leave? This is kinda a family thing and I wouldn't-'  

 "Oh, Altan! You are just like family to us. You can stay." Micah, his dad told me. I nodded in response. Shane's mom handed him a little party popper. 

 "The color of the confetti in this will tell you the gender, Shane," his mom, Zoey smiled. 

 "Ok, mom!" I could tell Shane was really excited. "Little brother get ready for some fun!" Shane said as he popped the popper. But, instead of blue confetti, it was pink. 

 "Surprise! We're having a little girl! Aren't you excited, son?" Micah asked him. Shane's smile faded when he saw the confetti. He was really wanting a brother.

 'I think I should go...I'll let you talk this out..' I signed. 

 "Alright, Altan. Bye! Tell your mom and dad we said hi." Miss Zoey told me. I nodded and left. 

 Oh boy...A girl? All Shane wanted was a brother. Not a sister. I don't know how he feels about it, but I don't think he's very happy.

Mary's POV:

I enjoyed my short time in that pack. I'm trying to forget about Bobby, but I just can't...It's getting harder to survive out here. Many male rogues try and fight the females and take over their spots. Most, actually don't survive. And I think some of the male rogues heard about me. Which just makes my life a whole lot harder. Sometimes, I wonder why I left my old pack. Other times, I am glad I did. I don't think there will ever be a day in my life when I don't think about my actions when I left home. At that moment, I heard footsteps. I smelled the smell of rogues. I could hear their ferocious growls. More than one...Oh crud.