Chapter 20

Mary's POV:

 I had almost forgotten about my past. About the reason I was hesitant about being with Bobby in the first place. Bobby had been so wonderful and sweet that I didn't hesitate when he proposed. Well, I had forgotten about everything almost....Until, I got a note from the very man I wanted to protect Bobby and the pack from.

 I was sitting in the living room, mending Bobby's pants when I heard a knock on the door. I got up to answer it and discovered no one there. I frowned and was about to close the door, when I found a piece of paper with my name on it, taped to the door. I took it and closed the door before opening it and reading it.

 'Hello, my darling.
 Did you forget that I am your true mate? That you can run but you can never hide from me?
 I know about your 'mate' Bobby. How he's a warrior. And I also know about your child.
 Well, I suppose I'll just have to teach him a lesson for stealing you away from me.
And you, my dear Mary Anne, will be taught a big lesson for running away from me.
 Don't worry, my love. You'll be back in my arms soon. And I will show you how much
 I missed you, if you know what I mean. And once you're back home where you belong,
 we shall do away with that baby you're carrying. You shall only carry my pups. No one else's.   You are mine, Mary Anne. Never forget that.'

My eyes were wide. Half of me wanted to throw up, the other half just wanted to cry. How did he find me?? How did he know about Bobby?? How did he know about the baby?? I hadn't even told Bobby...Only the doctor and a nurse knew...

 Well, I did actually feel like I would puke, probably partly from being pregnant and the other half from that sick jerk. But I didn't go to the bathroom like I normally would do. I just sank to the floor and cried. My baby...my husband...my friends...my new family...everyone was now in danger...because of me...

Casper's POV:

 I know if I'm caught, I'm going to be yelled at and forced back in bed. But I can't stay here any longer. I don't belong here. I snuck out of the hospital, with a lot of difficulty. I was still recovering and weak, and honestly, I did not feel very well at all. Also, I had to sneak past all the people from the hospital. So, yea, it wasn't exactly easy.

 Cayden's POV:

 I was going to the hospital with Alex and Zack to see Casper. When we got there, I noticed someone hunched over, sneaking away. I frowned and took another look. I knew who it was. 

 "I'll be back, guys. There's something I need to do. Just go on without me.." I told my friends. They nodded and I ran off after him. I followed him to the edge of the pack. 

 When he stopped, I saw him hunch over and fall to one knee, trying to get his breath. 

 "You going to make me follow you out of the pack?" I asked. 

 My brother gasped and looked up at me. "C-Cayden?! W-what are you doing here??" 

 "I should be asking you that question, brother. You should be in the hospital. You're in no condition to be out and about." He sighed and looked down. I sighed and shook my head, kneeling down beside him and putting my hand on his shoulder. "Why do you want to leave, Casper?" 

 "I've overstayed my welcome....It's about time I left..." he said quietly.

 I raised an eyebrow. "The real reason, Casper." 

 Casper looked up at me. "Alright...I never could hide anything from you..." I helped him sit down on the ground before he continued. "I just....I don't know if I'm ready..." 

 "Ready to what?" I asked, frowning. 

 "Ready to forgive myself..." My eyes went wide as I listened. "After everything I've done to you...You, your mate, your son, and his friend is willing to forgive me. When I saw you all, I was ready to face punishment for returning. I was ready to listen to all of you yell at me...But you never yelled...You never punished me...I don't understand, Cayden! I hurt you! I broke my promise to dad! I am a horrible person, brother, uncle, and friend....I don't deserve to even be alive right now..." 

 I sat there, stunned. I had no idea my brother felt that way. "Casper...Why didn't you tell me you felt that way..?" 

 My brother gave a mock laugh. "We haven't spoken in years. We're not exactly close anymore..." I shook my head. True. That probably was a dumb question. 

 "Look, Casper, you are my brother, and no matter what you did, you always will be. Mom and dad taught us to give people a second chance and to forgive those who wrong us. It hurt a lot, yes...But I was able to forgive you. I know it took Altan a while to forgive you. And Amy, well, she's always been a kind, forgiving woman. I know she wasn't happy about it, but I know she forgave you a long time ago. And, I know dad and mom would forgive you too. And Alex and Zack and everyone else. If we all forgive you, why can't you forgive yourself..?" Casper looked down but didn't answer. 

 "I know why. Because you failed to keep a promise to our dying father. You failed to honor his dying wish. But, think for a minute, Casper. How do you think mom and dad would react if they saw you this way...? I know dad would understand and I know he would forgive you. In fact, I know he already did a long, long time ago. Why and how do I know? For the same reason I did. Because they love you. I love you, Casper. You were always brother of the year in my book. Even after you changed....I loved you and you were still, brother of the year." 

 "Why...? I don't understand..." 

 I went up to him and put my hands on his shoulders. He looked up at me. "Because that wasn't you. It was a man that looked like you and sounded like you, but it wasn't. The real you, my real brother was still inside you. You will always be my brother, Casper. No matter what you or anyone else does, nothing will ever change that. Because somehow, I knew deep down you still loved me." 

 "I do love you..." he said weakly. "I just....I feel like I need to earn your forgiveness...." 

 "You don't have to. You never did. But honestly, big brother, I think you already have earned it by protecting the pack all these years. But please, Casper, forgive yourself...." 

 By this time, he was breathing hard. "A-alright....I will....I-I'll forgive myself..." he coughed hard. 

 "We need to get you to the hospital." He nodded and I helped him up. "You shouldn't have left in the first place, idiot." 

 He chuckled. "I know. I'm sorry. I just felt bad..." 

 "I know. But you don't have to feel bad anymore, Casper. I'll always be here for you. No matter what." 

 He gave me a weak smile. "Thank you...Little brother..." 

 I smiled brightly at that and hugged him. It felt good to hug and be hugged my my long lost brother. For a long time, I didn't know what became of him. Then, I didn't even know if he'd be ok or even live! But now, I know he'll be ok. Because we have each other.

***********************************************************************************************

 Hey everyone! I hope you liked this chapter! You know, Casper and his brother's conversation reminds me of God and his love for us. We are sinners and yet, God sent his only begotten son to die and take the price for our sins. But, Jesus Christ rose from the dead three days later. We don't deserve God's love, mercy, or grace. We never deserved Jesus Christ's sacrifice. But, like John said in his gospel of John. 'For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son. That whosoever, believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.' Well, I'll see you guys in the next chapter! Have a good week and God bless!