Chapter 25

Casper's POV:

 I've been here a while, it seems like, and I think, I'm almost healed. Amy and Cayden are currently here visiting with me. Cayden comes everyday to see me. I like that. Sometimes, he brings Amy and Altan. Sometimes just one of them. 

 Cayden is telling me about something that happened to Mary. Don't get me wrong, I'm concerned about her, but my mind kept wandering back to Nadia. Nadia doesn't exactly come in very often. I can't help but wonder if she's going to reject me. 

 "Casper, are you listening?" Cayden's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

 "What? What'd you say?" I asked, looking at him. 

 "Are you getting tired or something? Because you keep zoning out a lot." Cayden remarked.

 "W-well, maybe a little," I admitted.

 "Do you want us to leave so you can rest?" Amy asked gently.

 "No, you don't have to! I'm sorry. I was just thinking about something.." They nodded. Cayden looked at me, as if he knew I was thinking about my mate. "So, um...What were you saying about Mary?"

 "Robin and Quinn have put up more border controls to try to avoid this rogue that's obsessed with her. The warriors, Zack, and I have been given extra work to do, trying to protect the pack and Mary." Cayden explained.

 "He's contacted her?! When?! How!? Is she ok?? I need to help!" I exclaimed, trying to get up.

 "Calm down, Casper! You aren't doing anything until you are fully healed. You're still ill and in the hospital." Amy declared, pushing me back down. I groaned, putting my head back on the pillow.

 "How do you know this man, brother...?" Cayden asked, raising an eyebrow.

 I sighed. "I met him only a few times. I'd come as often as I could to see Mary. The first time I met him, I didn't like him. He seemed to think Mary and I were together. He was furious and we fought. We actually fought whenever we saw each other. He was the one who attacked every time. He always threatened me to stay away from her. That she was his and no one else's...I'd forgotten about him until now..." I looked up at them before speaking in a firm, very serious voice. "This man is dangerous and strong. He'll be very hard to stop. I hope your pack is willing to fight to the death because he will not stop until everyone in this pack is dead. He will take Mary and maybe even Bobby. He will torture and kill Bobby right in front of her eyes. It's a good thing she isn't pregnant..."

 "Well, actually....About that...." Cayden looked down. I recognized that look. He looked guilty. He had the same look years ago before I did all those stupid things.

 I groaned. "The situation just became worse. I assume he knows?" Cayden nodded. "Well, it looks as if you have a leak. If she didn't tell anyone, I assume it's here in the hospital. But, be careful. You may have more than one spy."

 "But how would they have gotten a spy in this pack?! Casper, each rogue has a scent different from a pack wolf's that labels them as a rogue." Cayden pointed out. 

 "I don't know. Maybe they're working with another pack? Or...." I stopped, an idea having come to my mind.

 "Or what?" Cayden asked, frowning.

 "Have any new people joined the pack recently within maybe the last month or so?"

 Cayden thought for a few minutes. "We did have one last month...And then three a couple months ago...One of them was a doctor and another a nurse...Are you suggesting that we let in a spy?"

 I nodded. "Either they are working with another pack, or they somehow got to them and threatened them into doing what they tell them. You need to find out who is the spy. Do you know the names of the doctor and nurse?"

 "The doctor is Doctor Victor Gerard. The nurse......" Cayden stopped and looked down. 

 I frowned. "Cayden, who is it?"

 Cayden didn't answer. Finally, I looked over at Amy. "The nurse...Her name is...Nurse Nadia Harland..."

 I stared at her like she had lost her mind. "Nadia!? No! No! She can't be the spy!" 

 "Casper, calm down! We'll figure this out. You've already helped us. I don't think it was Nadia either. But, I know that, we can't jump to conclusions. It was probably whoever was helping Mary when she found out she was pregnant." Amy said.

 "But, then again, there are ways for other doctors or nurses to find these things out. Maybe Dr. Gerard told Nadia, or she looked at Mary's file without him noticing, or, they're working together." Cayden pointed out.

 Again, I protested. "No! Nadia is not the spy! There is no way on this planet she'd betray us! Betray me...!"

 "In her defense, she only just met you..." Cayden stated. I glared at him. "It's true! But, Casper, you know as well as I do that we can't rule anything out. We can't assume that Nadia isn't the spy just because she's nice, a good nurse, and your mate. You know that as well as I do, brother." 

 I sighed heavily. He was right. I do know that as well as he does. Not only were we taught that as kids, but it was apart of our Gamma training. Spies can come in all shapes and sizes. Anyone could be the spy. But, there are good points here. We can narrow down who is and isn't the spy. I just hope Nadia isn't the spy....The one woman I've waited all my life for...