Chapter 18

Shane's POV:

 It's been a few days since Addie and I went to visit Mr. Casper. I know what he did all those years ago, but...I don't know. There just seems to be something to him...Something...nice. I know how Altan feels about him. But I also know how Addie feels about him. She seems to just know...She seems to just have this feeling about him. It's honestly hard to explain. 

 I was currently sitting in the park by a pond, feeding the ducks. Not many people come here and not many people in this pack like feeding ducks. They prefer to hunt ducks or take walks or something. 

 Me? I'm a little different. Course I always was a little different. Guess that's why Altan and I get along so well. But even he doesn't know about this. No one knows. Even Addie. 

 I like just sitting by myself feeding the ducks. It's nice and peaceful. Well, I would have to admit a little company once in a while would be nice. I come here a lot. Usually to think. It'd be nice if I wasn't alone every time I came here.

 I sighed and threw a piece of bread in the water. I gave a small smile as I saw a couple of ducks flock to it. I threw an extra piece in. It was a male and female duck. Maybe they're a couple...I was honestly not only thinking about Mr. Casper, but about my mate and sister. 

 So, my aunts figured out yesterday, that Addie was a witch. But, they also found out, that she was more powerful than Aunt Genova and Aunt Malia put together. They don't know much. But, a witch as powerful as her, they said she would experience some painful power surges. She had her first this morning...It was really bad. It hurt me seeing my little sister in so much pain. She was in tears! I was almost in tears just watching and listening to her. 

 Suddenly, I felt a surge of pain shoot through me. "Gah!" I shouted in pain. 

 Unknown POV:

 I was picking flowers when I suddenly picked up on a peculiar scent. It smelled...different. But, it also smelled wonderful. Like evergreen trees. I loved the smell of evergreen...I followed the scent. I stopped suddenly, my eyes going wide. 

 "Mate!" my wolf, Dinah exclaimed. He didn't seem to move or notice my presence. "I don't think he's shifted yet..." Dinah stated. 

 "He seems to be deep in thought." I said, looking at him. 

 At that moment, I was pulled out of my daze by my mate shouting in pain. I gasped as I saw him fall into the water. 

 "Oh no!" I yelled, running forward. I dove into the water and grabbed him. "Hang in there...You'll be ok...You're just shifting." I said quietly. He groaned in pain. It hurt me seeing him like this. I pulled him up on land and rubbed his back. "It'll all be over soon, I promise." I whispered. 

 "W-who-Gah!" he squeezed his eyes shut as another burst of pain came over him. 

 "Shouldn't he have shifted by now??" I asked Dinah. She shrugged and shook her head. 

 At that moment, my mate shouted in pain once more before he began to shift and change. My eyes went wide. He was much bigger and so much more different than a wolf. He was orange with black stripes. He slowly stood up and shook his head. I watched as he put his paw to his head before looking up at me.

 Shane's POV:

 My eyes went wide as I stared at this lovely girl standing in front of me. 

 "Mate." a voice in my head spoke. I was assuming it was my wolf. "Correction, I am a tiger." the voice spoke again. Wait what now?? "I am a tiger. Meaning you, are a tiger. I'm Stripes. It's nice to meet you." Wow...

 Almost as cool as the girl standing in front of me. I looked at her and walked up to her. She knelt down and scratched behind my ears. Oh, that feels good....I laid down and continued to allow her to stroke me. 

 A few minutes later, my mate spoke. "Can you shift back?" she asked. 

 I nodded and shifted with my tiger's help. I wasn't worried about my clothes, because my mom was a tiger. Whenever she shifted, she never shredded her clothes. When I had shifted back, I looked up at her. Her eyes were wide. 

 "Hello..." I spoke softly. 

 "H-hi.." she said softly. 

 "I'm Shane...It's nice to meet you...I'm sorry we had to meet like this..." I chuckled nervously. 

 She smiled and shook her head. "It's fine. I'm Lillian...It's nice to meet you too, Shane." 

 I walked up to her and took her hand. "Would you like to meet my family?" I asked. She nodded with a smile. 

 I led her to my home. We arrived a few minutes later. I opened the door. 

 "Mom? Dad? I'm back! I have a surprise for you and Addie!" I called. 

 "We're in Addie's room, Shane!" my mom called. I turned back and nodded at Lillian with a smile. "Follow me, Lilly." I told her. 

 I walked into my sister's room. Addie lay in her bed, mom and dad sitting on either side of her bed. After the episode this morning, mom and dad had my little sister stay in bed. She was really tired after it happened. 

 "Hi, son. Who's this?" my dad asked, looking up at me.

 "And what's the surprise??" Addie asked enthusiastically. 

 I chuckled and held Lillian close. "Mom, dad, Addie, this is my mate, Lillian. Lillian, these are my parents and my little sister, Addie." My parents' eyes were wide. Addie on the other hand, smiled brightly, looking excited. 

 "It's nice to meet you," Lillian replied. 

 "You too!" Addie said enthusiastically. 

 "Congratulations, Shane. And Lillian, it's very nice to meet you." my mom finally spoke. 

 "So, you shifted while you were taking a walk?" my dad asked. I nodded. 

 "Ooh! Can we see your wolf??" Addie asked me. 

 I chuckled and nodded. "Actually, Ladybug, I'm not a wolf." I closed my eyes and shifted. When I opened my eyes again, I looked up at my family. Their eyes were wide. 

 "You look just like mommy!" Addie exclaimed. I jumped up carefully on her bed and nuzzled her. She laughed and stroked me. 

 "A tiger.." my mom said in a quiet voice. 

 "Yes...I suppose it's not surprising seeing as you're a tiger, Zoey." 

 "You're right, Micah." my mom replied. I raised my head at my mate and motioned for her to join us. She shook her head with a shy smile. 

 "Come, dear, it's alright." my dad replied. My mate walked slowly over to us and sat down on the bed. 

 "I'm glad to meet you, Lillian." my dad said to my mate. 

 She smiled at him. "I'm glad to meet you, sir.." 

 My dad nodded and turned to me. "I am proud of you, son." 

 "I am too, Shane." my mom agreed. I smiled and snuggled into my mom, sister, dad, and mate. 

 I knew my sister really loved my tiger. I think she'll be having me shift a lot more often. But I didn't mind. 

 "I love our sister...She's almost as nice and sweet as Lillian!" Stripes declared with a satisfied smile. I nodded in agreement. I love Addie and Lillian too..